A dream or a friend that was hassling the passed-out-man ((more drama)).

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
A dream or a friend that was 'hassling the passed-out-man' ((more drama)).

A friend of mine since middle school (yeah, a long time), is drinking with me on Friday night and we (I) drank a little too much (we all do it from time to time). As a drinker, I don't have problems, except for leaving the party early to go straight to bed. I'm not the 'angry drunk' wanting to fight, nor the guy that cries about 'his lost dog'. I'm a completely harmless drunk. The only problem I have is "everyone is a wonderful person" syndrome. You may have witnessed that yourself.

We'll, I had this dream that my friend wasn't finished partying, so he came into my bedroom and tried to wake me up by taking my right foot and began to turn it completely around clock-wise until I rang out in pain. Yes it was a dream (?), or maybe not. I'm really not sure. We'll, I woke up the next morning with my right knee in horrible pain. 2 days later, I'm not in so much pain as long as I don't use certain muscles to walk (I'm limping badly).

The problem with this, is that I remember it as a 'dream'. Was it really happening? I don't really know. If I were to ask him, anyone would obviously deny it. I certainly have the wound to show for it. But, since I don't know for sure, I can't call him out on it.

Yeah, I know... My fault for swimming with devils. Play with fire, etc., but I'm really about to the point of telling this guy to shove off. I've never hurt myself (except for my liver) when I drink. I always wake up in bed trying to remember how I got there. That's always the worst of it for me.

FWIW, this guy, when he drinks too much, has always gotten out of hand. He's broken chairs, etc., and he likes to 'tackle' people. Maybe that was it, because I do remember quite clearly that he did tackle me that night. But I don't remember having pain until that one "dream".

I'm just really upset right now because my knee is STILL screwed up after 2 days.

Re: A dream or a friend that was 'hassling the passed-out-man' ((more drama)).

No tellin, dude. In the old days I was the type of drinker that you would say 'why don't he pass out?'. I'm kinder and gentler now. And more sober.

RGINN said:
No tellin, dude. In the old days I was the type of drinker that you would say 'why don't he pass out?'. I'm kinder and gentler now. And more sober.

Yeah, I wish I was more sober. Sadly, I get a 'Friday feeling' once in a while. You know how it is. But, as you may know, straight liquor will put you to bed in a heartbeat. Now beer, I can drink that water till dawn.
I guess I graduated...., ...for the worse.

First you should blow it off, then when things are chilled laugh and ask him about it. To me the frustration of not knowing would probably out-weigh the injury. Drunks do stupid things and if you want to be one, expect it! Once I punched my roommate in the mouth simply because he said I wouldn't do it. (and he was the one I got along with) I could write a book on how many stupid things my friends and I did when we were young. One for example is we were in a city we had never been too, our driver had been drinking all night, but I was getting sour we couldn't find the party we were looking for so I had him pull into the police station so I could go in and ask directions. We've been kicked out of bars, smashed up apartments, and one night one friend wanted to steal his roommates 944 (which he had access to) , cross the border, sell it, and keep the party going. If you want to get loaded expect some crazy stuff to happen because that's just the way it goes. One night the cops actually took me to a mental hospital! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Was a pretty good story for the next nights drunk. I kinda miss those days in a way but they'll always catch up to you in one way or another.

mikeofaustin said:
...so he came into my bedroom and tried to...

Is he a "special" friend or are we in a "don't ask don't tell" type of situation? Seriously, Mike. Your bedroom? How does a middle school guy have a key to your house? Did he just break into your house and enter your bedroom? Or do you party at your own house and go to bed while giving "strangers" the run of your home? Get some help, pal.

In another post you mentioned your misses, does she live with you? I really think you have too much going on in your life and are spiraling down in the wrong direction. You already mentioned that you know you have a problem, the thing is, do you want to fix it? The other part that is scary is your mentioning blacking out. If you drink to that point, what makes you so sure that you are the "happy drunk"? You may block out a part of you that is really not so nice. You sound like you want to get it together, so I really suggest getting some professional help. All the best to you and good luck :icon_thumleft:

Wow, quit drinking.

Just be glad its a limp, it could of been much worse, like a sore butt.

jeff741972 said:
Wow, quit drinking.

I'm no expert, but couldn't a "sore butt" make you limp or at least walk funny :dontknow: :laughing9:

Arizona Bob said:
mikeofaustin said:

Is he a "special" friend or are we in a "don't ask don't tell" type of situation? Seriously, Mike. Your bedroom? How does a middle school guy have a key to your house? Did he just break into your house and enter your bedroom? Or do you party at your own house and go to bed while giving "strangers" the run of your home? Get some help, pal.

I live here by myself... so my friends that visit know that they can just walk in. I dont' mind it. I actually hate walking all the way to the door, opening it, to let in a friend that will already come in even if they rang the doorbell.

No, I'm not gay.

spartacus53 said:
In another post you mentioned your misses, does she live with you? I really think you have too much going on in your life and are spiraling down in the wrong direction. You already mentioned that you know you have a problem, the thing is, do you want to fix it? The other part that is scary is your mentioning blacking out. If you drink to that point, what makes you so sure that you are the "happy drunk"? You may block out a part of you that is really not so nice. You sound like you want to get it together, so I really suggest getting some professional help. All the best to you and good luck :icon_thumleft:

Well, when I speak of 'passing out', I mean, that I have already gone to sleep. I can keep my memory current right up until the point where I fall asleep. I also sleep walk. So, as a person that does that, I can tell you that I once had a dream of where I was walking outside my home in my underwear. The next morning I woke up with the front door wide open. And to anyone still reading this, I actually once pooped directly in my laundry basket. Yep, sleepwalking can be a heck of a thing.

shaun7 said:
jeff741972 said:
Wow, quit drinking.

I'm no expert, but couldn't a "sore butt" make you limp or at least walk funny :dontknow: :laughing9:

Funny... but as someone that spent some time in the big house, my anger toward someone that did something like that to me, would actually put me right back in that house. Mind your language please sir.

mikeofaustin said:
shaun7 said:
jeff741972 said:
Wow, quit drinking.

Funny... but as someone that spent some time in the big house, my anger toward someone that did something like that to me, would actually put me right back in that house. Mind your language please sir.

I was only pulling your leg Mike :laughing9:

mikeofaustin said:
Arizona Bob said:
mikeofaustin said:

I live here by myself... so my friends that visit know that they can just walk in. I dont' mind it. I actually hate walking all the way to the door, opening it, to let in a friend that will already come in even if they rang the doorbell.

No, I'm not gay.
You live by yourself and let the wife shop for you? http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,322251.0.html
Whats the story on this?

rodgerdodger said:
mikeofaustin said:
Arizona Bob said:
mikeofaustin said:

No, I'm not gay.
You live by yourself and let the wife shop for you? http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,322251.0.html
Whats the story on this?

Actually yes. It's a big help for when I bug my knee and can't walk worth a dang.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back