What's new

A dream site came true!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
3,806
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
WESTERN MASS
To make a long story as short as possible…………I scored permission to hunt a site I never would have thought possible. The owners are very strict about people being down along the river or the falls, there are posted signs EVERYWHERE! I took a hike through the woods looking for the old wagon rd. Cpt. Turner may have used back in 1676 when he slaughtered the Indians. You need to be a Mountain Goat in order to get from home base up over the ledges down to the area “before” the falls. I finally make it to the old rd. and several yards ahead is a Man doing some trimming. Now I am not sure where the property lines are so I head over to make sure I’m OK or take the beating I deserve.



He immediately gave me permission (without me asking) to do whatever I like down there! I think he was rather impressed that I hiked the hike to get there, had crushed beer cans in my pouch, and the look of adventure in my eyes. As he was walking away almost as an after thought he told me I may want to try the Old Mill about a mile down near the falls. Now I am pumped and don’t know where to start………………..I hit the old bridge for a wheat penny, the old rd. for a square cut nail (yeah! :D), the Old Mill for an old ID bracelet and a musket ball.



I really can’t wait to get back there! If only for the fact that you feel like you are in Fairy Tale land just being there. All your senses come to life, the smell of the Mt. Laurel, the sound of the water rushing over the rocks (you can almost hear the stories those falls could tell), the cool air and mist coming off the water, the feeling you are walking into the past entering the gate...............Come on along for the ride!
 

Attachments

  • falls view from the top.webp
    falls view from the top.webp
    43 KB · Views: 1,037
  • falls lucky salamander.webp
    falls lucky salamander.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,029
  • falls old rd.webp
    falls old rd.webp
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • falls river.webp
    falls river.webp
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,034
  • falls bridge.webp
    falls bridge.webp
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • falls laurel.webp
    falls laurel.webp
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,029
  • falls gate.webp
    falls gate.webp
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,030
  • falls falls.webp
    falls falls.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,021
  • fallsbracelet ball.webp
    fallsbracelet ball.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • falls bracelet.webp
    falls bracelet.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • falls musket.webp
    falls musket.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,021
Oh Cool!! You go girl :icon_thumleft: , hunt that place and leave no dirt unturned. :wink: Can't wait to see more. :headbang:
 
great pics, I really like the 'falls, that looks like a very cooling place to beat the heat.
 
thanx for sharing your trip with us. the pix make me want to be there now! it looks so lush & cool. you really did a great job w/ the pix. good finds, hope they get better & better
 
mamabear said:
thanx for sharing your trip with us. the pix make me want to be there now! it looks so lush & cool. you really did a great job w/ the pix. good finds, hope they get better & better

Mamabear took the words right out of my mouth. Looking forward to seeing what else you manage to find there. Good luck & happy hunting ~ be safe.

:wink: RR
 
Funny Jeff, I dug that musket ball and thought it was a clay marble, the item left in the hole was an old pull tab so I stopped digging the nickle signals, since I was limited on time. :-\ I will be digging all signals from here on out. I bet even the iron is a find down there!

If it wasn't for all the rain we have had I'd be back there by now, gotta let the area dry out a bit to get rid of all those nasty little ticks. YUCK!

Folks it is a cool place to detect, I love it there, can't wait to get back!

The ID bracelet has a name I can't quite make out because of the scripted letters, dang! But I can make out the town which is across the river. I'm still trying to get the name so I can find out more about it. Wish me luck!

I'll make sure and let you know when I return!
 
wow, how exciting! can't wait to see more.
 
Kim, I was wondering too about that musket ball. It seemed a strange color for lead. My 1st thought that it too was a marble. :icon_scratch:
 
beautiful place good luck in your huntin :icon_thumleft:
 
What a cool place you've discovered CG. As for the bracelet,it looks like what was popular in the 1940;s called a "Keepsake Bracelet. I have one that looks like it and it is made of silver.Each link in mine has a word scribed on it, Cool find. Thanks for sharing.
Van
 
That ball looks very old way older than the civil war stuff you find. Cool pix of the fire colored newt. Reminds me of places I would see whild driving cross country always wanted to get out and walk around but folks wanted me there yesterday. Truly a place of beauty what a blessing to enjoy such scenery.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom