What's new

A Family Christmas......Between 2 Hunts.........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
3,194
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.......I sneaked out for an hour and a half before the family gathering today in hopes of finding one more silver ring to meet my goal of 15. The plan was to hunt a school (my old jr. high school) along the walkways. 5 minutes into the hunt, I began seeing the surface dirt remains of another detector's plugs.......I was a day too late. Changing gears, I decided to hunt an area adjacent to the school ball field.........

1225 Hunt 1.webp 1225 Fr 5 Centimes.webp

The only ring was a cheap nose ring.......silver plated. I did find a French 1992 5 centimes.

After the Christmas family gathering, highlighted by another great meal prepared by my son (a chef) and the joy of sharing in the wonderment of the kids, I managed another hour before the sun went down at a small sports complex across the river........

1225 Hunt 2.webp

This area is rich with good signals and I only managed a very small portion........it gets another look tomorrow and every day possible before the weather changes for the worse...........the last target of the day was a ring, but appears to be aluminum..........not pictured individually is a 2008 s nickel.

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your hunts...............
 
Upvote 14
Well if that don't beat all Chizzy, here yous been sneaking out to hunt over the holidays, Congrats on the finds. I bet the local soccer fields holds ring number 15. Are there any soccer fields at the sports complex? Good Luck
 
Well if that don't beat all Chizzy, here yous been sneaking out to hunt over the holidays, Congrats on the finds. I bet the local soccer fields holds ring number 15. Are there any soccer fields at the sports complex? Good Luck

LOL.....yeah, I was being patient awaiting the thaw......and fulfilling my spousal/fatherly/grandfatherly/great grandfatherly responsibilities for a few days. When I got up early this morning, my wife looked at me and said, "You're going out dirt fishin', aren't you?" "Yup" sez, I......and out the door wuz me...............:tongue3:
No soccer field at the site from today, but there are a couple I could check out that aren't hunted...............didn't have any luck at 2 others that I hunted earlier this year.
 
Congratualtions on the duel hunt! :occasion14: I bet that sports complex has a ring or two waiting for your coil!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom