What's new

A Few Celts

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,189
Reaction score
33,104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started hunting Indian artifacts in '85. I've found a few. Here are some of the celts I've found. I found them in plowed fields mostly, and a few eroding out of the shore of a lake. There is way more hunting pressure than their use to be and now you have to hunt hard to find anything. I found all of these except the last one pictured. It was a gift from a soldier friend that got it when he was stationed in Honduras. It's made of jade. The two I'm holding together were found next to each other on the shore of a lake. Gary
 

Attachments

  • DSC08898.webp
    DSC08898.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC08899.webp
    DSC08899.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC08900.webp
    DSC08900.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC08901.webp
    DSC08901.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC08902.webp
    DSC08902.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC08903.webp
    DSC08903.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC08905.webp
    DSC08905.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Very nice collection of celts! :icon_thumleft:
 
Very nice! The jade one is a real beauty!
 
Very nice bunch of celts!!

Find many partials?
 
Very nice bunch of celts!!

Find many partials?

There's two in the first photo that are pretty beat. Actually I find more axe halves than celt halves. Gary
 
Those are great and you are right much harder to come by now days.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom