What's new

a few civil war & earlier buttons Ive dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

PEles

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
308
Reaction score
565
Golden Thread
1
Location
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a few civil war & earlier buttons I've dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

As you can tell from these early miltary buttons finds , I'm a relic hunter. I search civil war camps & old plantation sites in the lowcountry of South Carolina from Beaufort, to Charleston.I also find a nice early coin every once in awhile along with the military stuff. It's my favorite type of metal detecting.
Laszlo
 

Attachments

  • buttons2.webp
    buttons2.webp
    110.2 KB · Views: 760
  • buttons2.webp
    buttons2.webp
    110.2 KB · Views: 703
Upvote 0
Re: a few civil war & earlier buttons I've dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

Fantastic buttons, Pete! Very rare for us to find buttons in that condition in this area of the country. James
 
Re: a few civil war & earlier buttons I've dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

Underground Economy said:
Great finds. I hunt beaches in the lowcountry for most of the year. Poison ivy, humidity and bugs keep me out of the woods except for December, January and February. I research the lowcountry on the computer and found some Civil War sites you may not know about. For example, I acquired a sketch of the ordnance depot at Pocotaligo with the surrounding buildings pictured.

That area's been pounded for years. I first hunted there about 25 yrs ago along with 500 other diggers, good luck in there :laughing7: The place is watched closely these days. Not a place you can just get out and walk into anymore.20 yrs ago hardly anybody ever gave a damn but these days not a good idea to go there. It's been hunted extremely hard over the past 30 yrs anyway.

Laszlo
 
Re: a few civil war & earlier buttons I've dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

That right there represents a tremendous amount of swingin' & diggin'! :thumbsup:

No doubt you dug thousands of flat buttons in search of quality like that.........not to mention an equal amount of ol' shotgun brass...... :wink:

Nice display, and one I'm sure you earned with blood, sweat, and tears.

Best Wishes for continued success in the New Year!

CC Hunter
 
Re: a few civil war & earlier buttons I've dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

Nice collection, great finds!
 
Re: a few civil war & earlier buttons I've dug in the lowcountry of S.Carolina

Great Collection!
Looks like the Tice Book cover :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom