Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Earlier I posted some pics of all the stuff in boxes, but that just highlighted the quantity and not necessarily the quality so I thought I'd show a little more detail now. I'm totally stoked about how the year went not just with colonial silver (24 coins), but with buckles, buttons, all the pit dig finds, and even some of the iron artifacts. I'm having a major problem keeping all the stuff straight while I pull things from different boxes for group shots, but guess that's a nice problem to have. Anyway, I won't ramble on here, but will just leave you with the pics to browse through. Don't forget to click on the thumbnails to get a more zoomed in view. I'm sure some of you have seen a lot of this before (since I posted 80+ starting threads since last fall), but this is a good recap of my season. Now it's time to take a break to write some articles, jump back into some research, and maybe do a little beach hunting. And of course, make up for lost time with my detecting widow who has been a real trooper letting me hunt 'till I dropped this year. HH ..... Bill

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 502
  • colonial silver.JPG
    colonial silver.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 461
  • coppers and token.JPG
    coppers and token.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 451
  • new silver.JPG
    new silver.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 439
  • colonial buckles.JPG
    colonial buckles.JPG
    445.4 KB · Views: 437
  • plate and pipes.JPG
    plate and pipes.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 424
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 418
  • misc.JPG
    misc.JPG
    440.7 KB · Views: 407
  • bottle seals.JPG
    bottle seals.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 440
  • iron.JPG
    iron.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 428
  • 2012-13 finds1a.JPG
    2012-13 finds1a.JPG
    474 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Upvote 23
An awesome assortment looks as if your going to have to install a home museum before long , enjoy your rest , Ill likely keep hunting through the Summer [hope it's not as hot & dry as the one last year. ENJOYED THE PICS

Great group of pictures.:thumbsup: I honestly could look at them all day. :laughing7:

Stunning Bill, you are really doing some fantastic work there. Are you still able to hit the fields or have the ticks and snakes drove you off of them yet?
ZDD

Can't wait till I can drive myself around and actually hunt the Peninsulas well...this stuff just makes me wanna get out there, awesome stuff Bill!

Bill, that's an incredible selection of finds. All that old silver is fantastic. I'm going out tomorrow morning, so thanks for all the visual motivation. Should I set my alarm for 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m.?

Very nice! Those groups of finds are amazing to look at.

Incredible. I am amazed at how many cut silvers you find. I have found a fair share of colonial silvers, but only 1 cut one. I am thoroughly impressed!

Incredible. I am amazed at how many cut silvers you find. I have found a fair share of colonial silvers, but only 1 cut one. I am thoroughly impressed!

I may have all the cut pieces, but you found the big prize with that gorgeous Mass silver coin. Talk about being jealous ......

That is absolutely stunning Bill. Nice job!

Stunning Bill, you are really doing some fantastic work there. Are you still able to hit the fields or have the ticks and snakes drove you off of them yet?
ZDD

Thanks Dave. The fields are all planted now and are off limits so I'm done until the fall except for a little beach hunting. And yes, the snakes and ticks are out in abundance. Good luck to you up in the north country.

As I've said before, awesome finds! Some people won't find that much in a lifetime!

CONGRATS!!! BILL-that's some incredible finds, your shovel is really sharp lol=ED

Simply amazing Bill! Can't wait to see your finds in the fall!

An awesome assortment looks as if your going to have to install a home museum before long , enjoy your rest , Ill likely keep hunting through the Summer [hope it's not as hot & dry as the one last year. ENJOYED THE PICS

I already have a "home museum" of sorts, but I definitely need to expand.

Incredible absolutely stunning my man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back