What's new

A few decent finds.

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Picked up a few artifacts today.
One nice mano. First I took a picture showing a very fresh implement strike.you can still see the sheen of the metal. Looks like the disc lost more than the stone.
I also found a Nice strawberry colored scraper, and a decent little prairie side notch.
F8D9BA6F-B99F-420A-80BE-E2D4E8AD755A.webp 6B305865-A732-45AF-92A7-B4A8332D6B0A.webp

F6CCDDED-F2FB-4D1D-A0A0-7F50697F697F.webp2FB6A9D9-DFD9-4239-B7D8-8803F39694F7.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Steve and peaches!

They Made my day!
 
Looks like some very nice finds.
 
Give the guy a break who really knows from a pic over a screen.
 
I aplologize for my snarkiness reuellis, being just like what I was complaining about.
 
No, I don't know your area. Please explain. That is the reason for my initial response. Not questioning judgement, but reasons for such judgement.
 
No, I don't know your area. Please explain. That is the reason for my initial response. Not questioning judgement, but reasons for such judgement.

Well, you did kinda make it sound like you knew what it was and labeled it.

First off, it was not found where it could have been deposited by any river.

The edges are not highly polished like the rest of the stone.

It shows pecking scars around a lot of the edge.

It also shows some use wear along one edge, likely from having done a little pounding.

We don't find highly polished, symmetric river cobbles around here.

Some of the smartest people on here did recognized and didn't question it, and even complimented the finds .

Oh and it fits the hand well,

and it even has a spot for the thumb.
 
Last edited:
I found It in a large 20+ acre vegetable garden I’ve been hunting since I started.

We have a lot of glacialy deposited materials in our area also. Hard to say where some things come from around here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom