A few finds finally...been 3 days since I found anything!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit two yards today the first I found the pieces of the dog tax tag in the shape of Indiana. Haven't found much the last few and I was determined to find SOMETHING decent. Went to another part of town and asked a girl who was sitting on a porch if I could hunt her yard which got me a 1919-S Wheat, 1899 Indian cent and my 36th silver for the year a 1950 Roosevelt. Hey better than nothin!

File157.jpg

Upvote 2

Bayou Joe

Mar 20, 2013
Milton Florida
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Excalibur II Fisher CZ21, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold,
Garret, Vibra Pro,
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, plus some old Dinosaurs.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, its neat how you found most of the dog tag

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah not sure I didn't break it. Everything out of that yard was brittle. I also found a key that just snapped in half like a dry stick! I did search hard for the pieces though.
Cool finds, its neat how you found most of the dog tag

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might as well go ahead: this is my 1000th post on Tnet!:hello2:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit two yards today the first I found the pieces of the dog tax tag in the shape of Indiana. Haven't found much the last few and I was determined to find SOMETHING decent. Went to another part of town and asked a girl who was sitting on a porch if I could hunt her yard which got me a 1919-S Wheat, 1899 Indian cent and my 36th silver for the year a 1950 Roosevelt. Hey better than nothin!

View attachment 837852

Hey, Mr. Sov, this is bizarre, I'm down here in Evansville and a while back I found a piece of asphalt shaped like Indiana in a parking lot that beeped my detector so I kept it thinking it was just a coincidentally shaped piece of junk. Now that I saw your post I soaked it in WD40 and got this...cool, thanks! :icon_thumright:

img001390 (772x1024).jpg

rmbutcher4

Jun 9, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Mr. Sov, this is bizarre, I'm down here in Evansville and a while back I found a piece of asphalt shaped like Indiana in a parking lot that beeped my detector so I kept it thinking it was just a coincidentally shaped piece of junk. Now that I saw your post I soaked it in WD40 and got this...cool, thanks! :icon_thumright:

View attachment 838058
That's cool.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Bloomington! Yes they made some shaped like the state, fortunately I found the top larger piece first so I knew it was part of something. I also have an Indiana tag shaped like a dogs head.

View attachment 838058

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Man finds Indiana shaped asphalt and discovers it's a dog tag after seeing a post on a message board. What a bizarre story of coincidence.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy I know what you mean. Sometimes you go out and after swinging you loop for an hour you start to wonder "hey, where's all the stuff?". Sometimes I check out an area that looks great and nothing, but then there's the sites where they only look ok and keep you smiling for days from what you found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread