North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Few Fine Farm Finds & a Wilver

These are a few things I found at the 1830's house after work Tuesday, and today at my lunchtime farm.
Today I scored a 1949 Quarter in the same front lawn area I hit yesterday. It was masked by a large iron railroad spike. The old door knob was found in this lawn area too. I had hit this yard in the past, but not thorough, and not gridded off like I just started doing this week. The 49' quarter was found very close to the 39' nickel I posted yesterday. Hopefully there will be more out there. ;)
All the other goodies were from the 1830's house.
Nothing exciting, but a few keepers for my relic displays.
Here we go:

*A 1949 Quarter

*Flat button with shank but no back mark

*Suspender piece?

*A 2" long piece with diagonal lines running through it. The back has some gold gilt still on it, and looks like it was a pin of some sort. Who knows?

*Other asst'd relics.

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 797
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 796
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 787
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 788
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 779
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
Re: A Few Fine Farm Finds & a Wilver

Congrat's on the Silver Doug...You just can't go wrong with this place.I'm gonna send you down a relic case built by me for some of your best 1830's farm find's....Give me a couple week's.HH!!

looks like u had a nice day with some good finds great pictures to what kind of pinpointer is that ;)

civilman1 said:
Congrat's on the Silver Doug...You just can't go wrong with this place.I'm gonna send you down a relic case built by me for some of your best 1830's farm find's....Give me a couple week's.HH!!

Civil,
You're kidding, right? That is too generous. You don't have to do that.
I love MDing at the 1830's house. There's always something different popping up. ;D
Thanks,
MM

ukeden said:
looks like u had a nice day with some good finds great pictures to what kind of pinpointer is that ;)

Thank you. The pinpointer is a VibraProbe 560, and it works great. I wouldn't MD without it.
-MM-

Another awesome hunt and finds Doug!! Congrats!!
Keep it going buddy! Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Great finds!I would love to hunt a site I could use a shovel.LOL

Today's Headlines: "Doug Found a Wilver"!!!

Great job, buddy, at gridding the area. That's what it takes to find those elusive oldies. On one side of the coin, you get an iron signal, but on the other side, it sounds more like a deep coin. I'm sure you will be nabbing more old coins that are hiding next to iron with that technique.

Congrats!!
CAPTN SE
Dan

Doug, Please dont tell me you had your dress on...I am still rolling on that one.... excellent finds man... and civilwarman thats so very nice of you... see, ya all are just great here... comedys free, so are the goodies we find and laughter is the bestest medicine.. big congrats Doug

Boobydoo said:
Another awesome hunt and finds Doug!! Congrats!!
Keep it going buddy! Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks Bdoo.
-MM-

Captn_SE said:
Today's Headlines: "Doug Found a Wilver"!!!

Great job, buddy, at gridding the area. That's what it takes to find those elusive oldies. On one side of the coin, you get an iron signal, but on the other side, it sounds more like a deep coin. I'm sure you will be nabbing more old coins that are hiding next to iron with that technique.

Congrats!!
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan. I've learned to slow down and dig the iffy signals on areas I've hit before. There is SO much out there that I've passed up, and I'm going back after it. ;)
Loved your video Dude. Congrats on that walker. I may need a walker before I actually find a walker. ;D
-Doug-

bootybay said:
Doug, Please dont tell me you had your dress on...I am still rolling on that one.... excellent finds man... and civilwarman thats so very nice of you... see, ya all are just great here... comedys free, so are the goodies we find and laughter is the bestest medicine.. big congrats Doug

Thanks Booty.
Those dress pictures are going to haunt me for life I'm afraid. :o My family was just busting (no pun intended) on me tonight about that. My Mom got one of those digital picture frames for Christmas and wants to load my dress pictures on it. Oh no !!!! :o ;D ;)
I'm thinking about a tutu for this years pictures, or in my case a three three. ;D
Have a great week,
MM

omg this will be a 911 call for sure..LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO I dare ya..lmao

very cool digs!! keep at it and better items will be had.might the 2" long piece be a tie pin of yesteryear? idug one similar with civilman that had the pin still attached.WTG on great finds!!!

jimmy5503 said:
very cool digs!! keep at it and better items will be had.might the 2" long piece be a tie pin of yesteryear? idug one similar with civilman that had the pin still attached.WTG on great finds!!!

It could be Jimmy. It has part of the pin device still on the back.
Thanks,
MM

ModernMiner said:
jimmy5503 said:

It could be Jimmy. It has part of the pin device still on the back.
Thanks,
MM

By the looks of yours , I say YESTER, YESTER year. HH bud

Nice digs MM. Isn't is sweet to see the edge of a silver coin peeping at you from the hole ::)

The buckle reminds me of a WWI era belt buckle??

Very nice finds and a Silver quarter too, wtg. I think the unknown item looks like a hair barrette.

HH and Gold Luck (yeah that's right, I meant to say "Gold Luck"). HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back