What's new

a few from this morning and a few from this afternoon

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
first group this morning and second this afternoon
john found the bone awl........it is one of the nicest i have seen
the other bone tool is either a pressure flaker or a quill flattener


IMG_0280.webp

IMG_0281.webp

IMG_0283.webp

IMG_0288.webpIMG_0285.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are those cool scrapers again! I like that awl.....pretty cool! What's in the clam shells?
 
Super nice finds. What's in the shells hon?
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Nice finds larson1951!
 
we checked out a part of eroded bank that had fallen away over the winter with so much snow
the mandans were mostly farmers.....corn, squash, beans, and tobacco
those are roasted corn that the mandans roasted and used for food
they also made the corn into flour
the corn cobs apparently were very small
we found a bunch of it along with mussel shells
 
What a GREAT group of finds LARSON!! The awl is a BEAUT and the flint piece's are AMAZIN! What's the time frame you put on the cob's, which are killer? HH
 
Cool assemblage of artifacts! Like the points and knives, and I see you found a small hammer stone. :thumbsup:
 
Great finds very nice artifact's, the corn cobs and shell's are interesting.
 
"
There are those cool scrapers again! I like that awl.....pretty cool! What's in the clam shells?
"

Those are corn cobs in there, a very primitive form of it.
 
I bet the sides of that site will be fun hunting after you get it planted. We have a wall of rain here,lol. I am living the hunts thru you guys.
 
So what is the red rock Larson? I see allot of everything else that I know you find.
 
What a GREAT group of finds LARSON!! The awl is a BEAUT and the flint piece's are AMAZIN! What's the time frame you put on the cob's, which are killer? HH

about 600-400 BP i'm guessing





So what is the red rock Larson? I see allot of everything else that I know you find.

it is a hand held hammer stone
can you see the use wear?
we find lots of them
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom