What's new

A few new finds

SouthTexasFinds

Full Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
189
Reaction score
198
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp

Thanks for looking
 
Upvote 0
Yeah those are some nice finds. All stages of production to finished. Nice hunt there in Texas.
 
Those tools are real nice but the point is a killer. Great find, thanks for posting:thumbsup:
 
Yes those are awesome love the point !!!
 
I have seen allot of choppers found in TX. I wonder what they needed so many for. Looks like you had a great hunt, rock
 
You're tearing it up. Thanks for sharing.
 
Some raw materials for Jon Stewart. Didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I would throw them on here. I got half of the rock wet if that helps at all. Let me know if this is what you had in mind as far as material type.

image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice finds. Always in TEXAS!!!
 
That last piece of flint with the rings in it is a sweet piece. As long as there is no fractures in the stone it should work great for him.
 
Well I told him he couldn't have that one because I've ready promised the miss something with it. But gave me a good idea if he wanted plain Jane colors or bright multi colors/strange designs. Odd enough i can find material like that pretty often. I'm hoping to cut and polish said piece in the not too distant future, but if I knew how to knapp I'm sure that would have made a killer point. And I'm working on your package rock, I haven't forgot about you!
 
The flint here is usually black or has a white cortex. I havent cracked the white to see inside yet. I wonder what color it is. Ill go crack one now. Well that piece was just white inside. Kinda grainy so probably quartzite on the white.
 
Last edited:
Usually I can tell the crazy looking ones just by the rings on the outside

image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom