What's new

A few new pieces from the creek

theviking

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
921
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
A few creek finds and a Quartzite flake tool from the garden. The Jasper flake tool is kinda nice, came from my favorite gravel bar in the creek. Thanks for looking. H.H.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0005 (1024x645).webp
    DSCF0005 (1024x645).webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0659 (1024x639).webp
    DSC_0659 (1024x639).webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0662 (1024x630).webp
    DSC_0662 (1024x630).webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0665 (1024x681).webp
    DSC_0665 (1024x681).webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0668 (1024x638).webp
    DSC_0668 (1024x638).webp
    48 KB · Views: 837
Upvote 0
I love the flake tool nice color ;)
 
Both of the big flake tools are cool, I like the side notched quartzite point too. I have always been partial to quartzite points for some reason. HH
 
Both of the big flake tools are cool, I like the side notched quartzite point too. I have always been partial to quartzite points for some reason. HH


Thanks! I have grown to appreciate Quartzite, its everywhere around here. I find so many different colors it would be hard to list them, some nice fine grained stuff, and lots of rough stuff. Thanks again, H.H.
 
You are doing very well this yr. Most of the quartzite points I find are broken. My friend found a whole one last week and its perfect, brown in color like yours.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom