Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out on Saturday to a property in va. It's a pretty big farm, has some civil war history on the property as well as an old school house foundation. The school was built in 1800. I spent about 2 hours around the foundation with the 5x8 coil on my at pro. The best find from there was a toasted wheat penny. I had my hopes up for some good artifacts, but the amount of junk in the ground was unbelievable. I think it was used as a dump site in the mid 1900's.
moved on to another area of the property and got a solid hit near an old stone wall. Dug a nice round ball, and then another a few feet away. The second one I found has 3 round marks on the top of it which must've been from buck balls. Also found 2 fired bullets, 2 minie balls, and a pulled/wormed pistol bullet. When I got home and cleaned the dirt out of the bases, i realized one of the 3 ringers I found is a star base from the Washington arsenal. Everything was from an area about 50ft x 100ft. Pretty good day in all, hoping to get some buttons/coins next time we got out there. HH!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 4

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. Looks like that site needs another hunt or 2! Thanks for sharing and what a great surprise when you cleaned that bullet up.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Ya you need to go back there again!

OP
OP
plugcutter84

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, yeah I'm looking forward to getting back. It won't be this weekend as its a pretty long haul from my house, but I have another site that's a small civil war camp that I'll be at on Sunday. I've pounded it pretty hard and the finds are getting slim, but I rarely get skunked there. Even just finding a fired bullet or some camp lead is always a thrill.

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hunt slow and steady through some of that trashy area, lots of people may have just passed it by and missed some decent things!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread