A Few Questions about the Tesoro Tiger Shark

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can one discriminate out the iron with the Tiger Shark? I'm sure I could go to the Tesoro website and read up on it, but I would like to hear from the pros here on the forum.

I am still thinking of buying one as a back up and to have when friends want to go with me. My wife has said a few times that she would like to go but I don't have a second water proof machine.

Also, from the pros, how is it honestly in Salt Water???? I have read so many different opinions that now I question what I believe.

Thank you all for your responses.

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey J sandman would be the guy to ask he is well versed on the Tigershark ... However Tesoro makes a high quality detector ,,, I had a Sand shark and it did very well to well I dug everything exept the kitchen sink.. gary

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
I get a lot of bottle caps with mine, it doesn't have the tones that the Excal does, so you can't tell if they are blending with the ground or not. Oh, and why do I have an Excal II when I have a Tiger Shark... The Shark is awesome in fresh water, but I couldn't find my backside with it in the salt. Some people on here say they can, I am NOT one of them.
HH Joe

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a pro. I have had my Tiger Shark for almost 11 months. After reading your post, I tried to discriminate iron. No go. I cranked the disc all the way up and still got a few blips. I waved my wedding ring under it and got nothing and it is not a small ring.

As far as how it handles saltwater, I have had no problems. Does it false? Occasionally, when it gets hit by a wave hard enough. I find hot rocks from time to time. Bobby pins? I have found plenty.

Hope this helps.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Tiger Shark and it can false in the saltwater from time to time, but this depends on the amount of black sand present. On some beaches it runs great, and others it will false just like most of the others. The ones that mainly won't false won't find thin gold chains either. At least you can change coils with this water detector and it's operation is easy enough a blonde can use it....LOL Seriously it is easy to use and where many get into trouble using it is they don't understand the sensitivity control and turn it up. This caused it to act more to the ground minerals and saltwater giving you less depth than normal. Tesoro calibrates each detector to the coil so when you mess with the sens you mess with the performance. :o

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody who responded. I was thinking about buying one to use sometimes at the beach, just for a change from the Excalibur. They look like a really nicely built machine and not too bad on the price.

Thanks again.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread