A few recent finds...

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and Mike managed to get out a few times in the last 10 days dodging much rain. One soy bean field was so muddy that our boots weighed 20 pounds with the way the mud was sticking. There were 2 houses there according to the old maps and we turned up nothing!! LOL that's the way it goes sometimes. We then hit another field that had deep green grass growing in it. We managed to get some tokens from J. Wutz and 5 on them. Nothing shows up while searching the internet but when I can I will take it to the local historical society and see if they know anything about it. Then I went to a cellar hole that has been pounded over the years and luckily I pulled out an old button with olde English script on it: Best Strong and stand. Internet says it is British made between 1810 and 1820. At this same cellar hole Mike found a Crotal bell and some cool horse tack. Then we hit a house in a local village and Mike got 2 Mercs and a silver Washington quarter in the same hole. Nice spill indeed. I later found a 1898 Barber dime and a cool brass lock with Champion 6 lever on it. Lots of places but not much at each spot yet when I looked at the recent finds I was surprised at the tally. I have been having my issues with the Deus for some time now and finally had to try some changes. It's been too chatty in some of those iron filled yards and cellar holes and I want to run as hot as possible to find the deep stuff but I now am using disc between 8 and 10 and testing it it seems like I don't lose much if any depth and it really helps quiet the beast down. I still have to reduce the TX to 2 sometimes and or up the reactivity from my usual 2 to 2.5 and keep the silencer at 0 but when I made those changes before the machine was still noisy but raising the disc certainly helps. Mike has been telling me for months to raise the disc but being a stubborn old fool I wouldn't listen: too soon old too late smart they say.

PB170887A.jpg 1898 Barber dime small.jpg best strong back.jpg Best strong front.jpg J. Wutz small.jpg Lock small.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gene,

You are killing it. Nice finds before things freeze up. As we discussed when I saw you at Gettysburg, hard habits are hard to break. Good job at changing things up. I am still learning to do different things too and to get away from some of the things I previously refused to deviate from (e.g., full tones). Deus is amazing for that. Are you using multi- or full tones? Remember, if you still want to hear the iron with disc, your only choice is multi-tones since in full tones, the iron tones go away completely under the disc breakpoint. It's a good way to lower the iron "chatter" yet still hear it because you can lower the volume.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relics! :occasion14:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions