XP Dues Question

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Hello all,
Quick background, I own a ATPro and Max and looking at the Deus and i have a few questions-

1. the multi frequencies it uses— does it use them all - as in cycles through while searching or you select which freq.??

2. Deepest you ever found a 10 or 14 K ring?

3. Deepest you have found a silver dime or quarter?

4. Is it water proof or resistant?

5 Do you regret buying it?

6. Is there another machine within $500 of the Deus that you wish you had instead ???

7. what do you think the average learning curve for the Deus? Is it a fast user learning machine?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 - I select the frequency for the site I'm working
#2 - 14k about 12- 13", and it stunk digging that deep, but the ring had some nice diamonds on it
#3 - I don't dig much silver. Dime, about 8" and quarter I guess the same, today I dug a 1945 at 5" and it was on edge straight up and down. I mainly do OLD sites and they don't have much silver.
#4 - water proof with the $25 package to put the main control box in. I however would use the pro for most water hunting, but I never water hunt!
#5 - nope, mine sucks stuff right out of the ground, I don't foresee changing brands again
#6 - no, I had the opportunity to have a dealer come to my house (a friend) and demo it, and bought it on the spot. The performance blew me away.
#7 - I had no trouble the first day, just don't overthink it. Pick a program like the Deus fast for nail pits and have at it.

Where the Deus should outshine the Garretts is in trash and iron pits. Saw a Max in action today. My buddy did good but still had to dig a ton of aluminum, we were looking for CW relics. I hate aluminum. Overall we were fairly even Deus vs. Max. It depends on YOU and your SITE. I have seen teens dig shipwreck silvers with $200 machines. Right spot, right time, right swing, and turn the machine on. (Like I forgot that a couple times with my Tesoro for a few minutes.)

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe this will help there is a part 1 and 2...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's bed time do I have to watch it NOW? But seriously, this old cat can't swing a heavier machine than the Deus, that extra pound is a killer for me so personally, I probably won't buy another machine for a long time or whenever forever comes. Ok, that was an impressive video.

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks smokey!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, I was certainly not expecting the results you got. When my dealer found a gold ring in my blasted front lawn a year ago this week, I bought that Deus so fast it would make your head spin! Never bothered to test it against anything else. I only have two machines now. And four coils.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The depth questions are not good because some sites I can hit a 11'' dime, some I can't hit a 7'' dime, it's completely subjective to ground mineralization.

The Deus is just as deep as the other top of the line detectors though.

As for the "Do you regret buying it" - hell no, best machine ever and I've been hunting for 21 years.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
true true about the ground but head to head with some in same ground it smokes them. The deus and ctx are close in my ground and the small edge on depth goes to the deus here not by much though 1/2 inch maybe?

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see what detectors I currently own under my name. In the last year I used my Deus 98% of the time. Land, Surf or water.

I agree with the previous posts about depth.

As far as the learning curve goes, you will find stuff right from the start when hunting in normal conditions. Where you need experience is getting good finds in difficult hunting conditions.

After a season (retired..lots of hours) of hunting the iron filled areas, I finally feel comfortable that I can hold my own.

OP
OP
J

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Thank you the results of the video speaks for itself... now let’s talk coil and the level of the Deus.
Is there a real difference between the 9 and 11 inch coils?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 is the best coil for the deus imo , I have the 11 and it sees no action really except for the ocassional field hunt. The 9 is a bad coil and its not like any other nine inch coil on the market. Its super deep and it seperates like no other.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1. No, it uses one frequency at a time. To use a different frequency, you have to change it.
2. Have yet to find a gold ring with the deus.
3. Never found either, but I get small silver coins regularly at 5". Deeper finds are simply rare where I hunt.
4. See the reply from Smokey. I've used it in shallow water with good results.
5 A big NO!
6. Same as above
7. Yes and no. Depends on you, really. I've been struggling with the (full) tones for about 1 season, the backphones didn't work for me.
It simply means you'll dig more crappy sounds/signals until you feel comfy with the machine. Adjustments, menu and settings as such is quite easy.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
true true about the ground but head to head with some in same ground it smokes them. The deus and ctx are close in my ground and the small edge on depth goes to the deus here not by much though 1/2 inch maybe?

I'll be curious to see how the Equinox compares in depth with those two.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll be curious to see how the Equinox compares in depth with those two.

That's what we're all waiting on.

And I'm waiting on Calabash Digger to buy it and test it out so I don't have to spend the money!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's me crash test dummy! lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI I took my Deus to the beach. It likes people watching. Anyway, got a half signal, as in marginal, and dug anyway. Got a small gold ring about 10" down in the sand. I dig questionable targets and have been rewarded doing so.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a test garden in my yard. The Deus hits on deep targets that my ATP /NEL totally misses on.
I have dug mini balls at 12" and 14" in good soil. buying my Deus is one purchase I have never regret.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Deus was out playing today. It took me with it. This was microscopic relic day. Place dates from 1670 to present. There was a house there - once. Decent soil, but there aren't many deep targets. In the house foundation itself I was pulling a lot of tiny lead and brass, including buckshot (handmade), small rifle round balls, tiny hand made brass tacks to wooden chests, a 17th century "nipple" button - quite the shock - and a lead seal dated "170-". Last number is gone. Largest item was 1" across and the items were not more than 6" deep, but I was nailing 1/4" targets at 3-6". This place is marked on the old maps and has been pounded, so it was a good day. That Deus just sucks stuff right out of the ground. HF coil and running Deus fast program at 28.8 khz.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious too, but based on Calabash's test with the CTX 3030, not thinking the Equinox will be significantly different from the Deus (good or bad) on land as far as depth is concerned. Perhaps more stable and deeper target ID. Where it will likely shine vs. the Deus, is in wet salt sand if Minelab sets up multi-frequency to work at least half as good has its FBS and BBS machines. We'll see.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I relay want to know how the minelab is gonna fair in iron, I hope we don't have to wait months to find out....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread