✅ SOLVED A few things found in the past.

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm fairly new to Treasure Net. When I began detecting, the internet was non-existent. It never ceases to amaze me the skills of TN's members when it comes to IDing finds. I have a few items I came across that were found 20+ years ago. Don't remember where I found them but would appreciate any info about them.
Also, my new X-Terra 705 came today and I can't wait to try it out! TY and HH all

705.JPG

lead3.JPGlead1.JPGlead2.JPGfasten2.JPGfasten1.JPG

The brass "buckle" on the left in the photo is a sock garter-strap clip, a version patented in 1895. It is shown at upper right on the man's shin in the attached advertizement. It dates from 1895 (patent year) into early-1900s.

Attachments

• garter-buckle-and-clasp_1895-Patent_Boston-Garter_advertizement_TN_scanbyThrillathahunt_CL8_236_.jpg
    garter-buckle-and-clasp_1895-Patent_Boston-Garter_advertizement_TN_scanbyThrillathahunt_CL8_236_.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
Thats a cool WWI injured toy soldier maybe minus a stretcher

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just now trying to to find a match, as I agree with the wounded soldier. But my guess would be that he's lying on the ground (no stretcher), as they detailed the bottom, and the ones on a stretcher I saw were attached to the stretcher, so they wouldn't have needed to make those details. I'm thinking maybe a German soldier? Based on the ammo belt and jacket style, but I "see" a lot of things that aren't there, so that too is speculation.
I was thinking minus a helmet?

Upvote 0
Great finds! The toy soldier is a 1935-1950 Barclay #B104, described in their company catalog as "761-Wounded, with tin helmet." Your soldier came from the factory fully painted in enamel and having a chrome tin helmet riveted to his head. He was meant to be carried on a wood and cloth stretcher by soldier-stretcher bearers. Happy Hunting, Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for the responses! I would have never thought the clasp was used to hold one's socks up. You can tell the soldier is missing his helmet. Early in my career- probably didn't re-check the hole for it!

Upvote 0

Attachments

• toy soldier wounded barclay.jpg
    toy soldier wounded barclay.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, Bigcypresshunter! Great pic.

Upvote 0
I'm stumped on photo #1? I know I have seen these before they find relics in the ground and go Beep Beep Beep ;) kewl finds! glad u got it solved.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back