🏆 HONORABLE MENTION A find of a lifetime.

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is so awesome !

You are the man, not only for the find but the lengths you went to to find the owner. Good for you ! Betcha that feels great.

I found one last year very similar to the wedding band you have. No luck finding the owner. Tried all the same avenues you did.

Bud

I found the most amazing wedding and engagement ring set at the beach last week. August 6th. Platinum. Appraisal for the engagement ring was $13,600. I guess the wedding band, also platinum another $2,000 Made many inquires, posted on Craigslist Lost and Found. No luck. I posted on Facebook a picture of only the wedding band and that it was inscribed and asked all my LI friends to share and to ask all there LI friends to do the same. 311 shares later with some anonymous postings to other sites the owner was located. ( in 5 hours). Quoted the exact inscription. She stated that she also lost an engagement ring, also platinum with a 1.3 carat diamond and was so very happy for just the wedding band. That's when I told her that I had them both. She will be reunited next week when she returns from vacation.Treasure Hunter Finds, Returns Wedding Ring Lost on Fire Island | NBC New York

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Great story and super, good deed. Being able to return something to the owner is such a great part of our hobby. Congratulations on being the right kind of person to get the job done.

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT

Kazoom123

Sep 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Faith in humanity is slowly but surly getting restored. Well done good sir and may God bless you and your future hunts!:icon_thumleft:

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Great find, but don't post things of value like that because even if someone has to prove it's theirs and they can't
they might meet you in public place then follow you home or who knows what. People have been killed over
valuables on these sites. If you can't do it through direct research, you've done what you can. Not worth risk
to you and family. Be safe, Bergie

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should be in the news! Will make us treasure hunters all look a bit better in the public eye!
You've done everyone a great service. :hello2:

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. I enjoyed it very much. I bet you were stoked to see it in your scoop! Very nice write up and well deserved hammer and honorable mention.
HH

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a good man. Pretty incredible deed you did there, sir.

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job. Way to represent!!!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible story. Going out of your way to find the owner and knowing you found the right person is just wonderful. While it has such a high appraised value, I bet it meant so much more to the lady. All I can say is way to go!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4 Thumbs up from Chug And Red

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
That is such a wonderful gift for the person that lost them, it's really nice to read about this... from all of those who loose or find, thank you.
Janiece/Gossamer

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found the most amazing wedding and engagement ring set at the beach last week. August 6th. Platinum. Appraisal for the engagement ring was $13,600. I guess the wedding band, also platinum another $2,000 Made many inquires, posted on Craigslist Lost and Found. No luck. I posted on Facebook a picture of only the wedding band and that it was inscribed and asked all my LI friends to share and to ask all there LI friends to do the same. 311 shares later with some anonymous postings to other sites the owner was located. ( in 5 hours). Quoted the exact inscription. She stated that she also lost an engagement ring, also platinum with a 1.3 carat diamond and was so very happy for just the wedding band. That's when I told her that I had them both. She will be reunited next week when she returns from vacation.http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Lost-Wedding-Ring-Found-Metal-Detector-Fire-Island-Beach-273129381.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

Dude! You are amazing!
That was amazing!
Again, you are amazing!

Conrats to you Both

c5jener

Oct 8, 2014
Eastern NE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT Pro, AT Gold, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a good person brother, wish there were more like you around!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread