What's new

a fine fall day for travelling down the the copper trail

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
After a long bout of careeritis (it is sad that I have to work to make a living!) I'm feeling great and more than ready to get out on the copper trail this fall and make some awesome finds!
Iron Patch and I started at a site we discovered last fall and picked up where we left off last we saw the place, same kinds of finds we were getting, found another small cabin site nearby which bulked up the copper count and surprised the heck out of me, last time I parked my car on top of where we discovered the new site! I guess that's a good excuse for walking to a place and not driving!
Spent a few hours driving to find a new site and check on some old places we've been to years ago, but we met with beans and corn crops still to be harvested, so there's still and chance we will get there before the snow flies to get our crop out after the farmers get theirs.
Finds included buckles, bullets, coins, and other various relics. I got a good jews harp , an intact very small buckle, a broken locket and an old brass shotgun shell, smaller guage than I've seen before , 18mm across bottom....gun guys let me know what guage it is.
Ten coins on the day, mostly our run of the mill crusty green discs, although a very worn Geo lll, an 189-..something silver five cents (the only silver I've seen in a while!) and a possible NJ copper, the only remaining detail is the shield, so it may very well be a Conder token from the UK, which is more likely.
Not too many buttons, but I did get one good one, the ever present RSLA....the discovery that opened up the new cabin site, a fluke really; it was just a random signal on the way back to the car that made us stop and take notice of where we were.
All in all a really good day for me, looking forward to doing it all again soon!
 

Attachments

  • 1drel.webp
    1drel.webp
    26 KB · Views: 120
  • 1dcoins.webp
    1dcoins.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 1dnj.webp
    1dnj.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1dbut.webp
    1dbut.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1drsla.webp
    1drsla.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 20
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Not a bad way to cross that one off the list until the next plowing. From now on I'll scan the ground before you park! 8-)
 
Good haul! I dug that exact tiny buckle last week in your neck if the woods.
 
Fantastic Button IH..
And way to go on the Coppers.
Glad to see you get out.
 
That is a really cool button, Not sure I've seen one like it before ???
The little buckle is cool I do have one that size, but not quite as nice (condition)
You coppers overall are in better than average IMO.

Good job getting out. Yes sucks to have to work.
 
You have, we've posted several over the past several years.

Yeah I do tend to forget stuff, if not needed.

the shotgun cartridge probably 16 GA.
and I'd agree that the "shield" copper is a condor token, at least most likely, although you gut did actually get NJ coppers over there.
 
Nice pile of goodies!! :occasion14:
 
Sweet buttons and coppers, and it's always nice to find a tiny Vicky silver.
 
Good bunch of finds, but we don't call them Conder Tokens.:thumbsup:
 
Nice finds IH. Your parking choices just shows you have a knack for finding a good spot lol.
 
Awesome finds :occasion14:
 
Congrats, :occasion14: It's all already been said.
 
Thanks for all the kind words from everyone

I'm keeping my eyes open for sites now , something at the bottom of a hole somewhere has a post written all over it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom