What's new

A first...in pocket change

Ghondi

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I got back from the gas station earlier because I had to pick up smokes and a soda.

I didn't look at my change until I was about to put it in my coin jar*I toss all my pocket change in there until its full...then cash in and buy something I really want*

So like normal I look thinking to not find anything special...and what do you know, a 1902 Indian Head cent.
Its my first IH. I am ecstatic right now.

Hope the pictures are okay..I'm getting used to my new camera...

ihobverseqw5.jpg


ihreverserv5.jpg
 

Attachments

  • ihobverse.webp
    ihobverse.webp
    94.8 KB · Views: 426
  • ihreverse.webp
    ihreverse.webp
    181.4 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0
I think I'd be heading her back there to see if theres anymore, good find!
 
U aint kiddin. maybe they got a whole role of em. i have never been so lucky. the oldest coin i have ever got in change was a war nickle. and oddly enough thats what got me addicted to coins.
 
I will be back later tonight..Its actually a gas station I hang out at...*Yes I don't have a life and hang out at a gas station all night long*lol

I'll update and tell everyone if I find anymore...
 
Great just what we need is our own TN version of Clerks.
 
jonnyrebel00 said:
Great just what we need is our own TN version of Clerks.
I love that movie. Both of them actually..lol

One of my friends used to work there..so me and some other people hung out to keep him company while he worked third shift*24hour gas station*...and then he moved out of state but me and the others just kept hanging out there...its a place we all meet up..between all 3 of us...so makes life easier..plus its something to do..
 
Very very nice pickup!! That doesn't happen everyday. I am still looking for my first IH.
 
I would definitely head on back to that store and offer to buy all the pennies. Make them a trade. Their pennies for your pennies, if you have too. Don't know what else is in the change drawer.
 
RON (PA) said:
I would definitely head on back to that store and offer to buy all the pennies. Make them a trade. Their pennies for your pennies, if you have too. Don't know what else is in the change drawer.

I'm friends with most of the clerks..so buying their pennies...well looking through them and buying the ones I want isn't an issue...

I will check all their coins...maybe an older person cashed in a collection for a pack of smokes or something...*I hope*
 
Okay, back from the store.
Unfortunately no more IH's...but I had her check for 1/2's, quarters, dimes and nickels...all came up blank*no halfs whatsoever*..had her check the $1 bills for anything but green notes...had her check the pennies as well... found one wheat...1957D...

No dollar coins either...


But hey and IH and a wheat in one day in change is fine for me...
 
hey any day you find a ih is a good day
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom