What's new

Found in my change from a gas station

Heavygold4me

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
539
Reaction score
1,833
Golden Thread
0
Location
South mississippi
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5113.webp
    IMG_5113.webp
    985.6 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_5114.webp
    IMG_5114.webp
    898 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 38
Not only a Buff, but with a readable date! :occasion14:
 
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
That's a rarity...
I remember getting those in change in the 1970's...not so much anymore...
 
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
That buff is in great shape. Pretty crazy to find that in change. You just never know.
 
Very nice ! Although its getting harder and harder to receive old coins in change, they are still out there. My wife picked up a Merc dime a few weeks ago from the local grocery store, and it wasnt in a coin star.
 
Very nice ! Although its getting harder and harder to receive old coins in change, they are still out there. My wife picked up a Merc dime a few weeks ago from the local grocery store, and it wasnt in a coin star.
I think when money is tight people start spending change they’ve had squirreled away in jars and bags.
 
Funny thing. I have one just like it (same date and condition) I found detecting, but I don't remember where or when. Current ed Book value based on condition is about ¢.50.
 
Ever since i started detecting I ALWAYS look at change i get back
 
BTW You did good HeavyGold 4 me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom