What's new

Found in my change from a gas station

Heavygold4me

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
539
Reaction score
1,833
Golden Thread
0
Location
South mississippi
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5113.webp
    IMG_5113.webp
    985.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_5114.webp
    IMG_5114.webp
    898 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 38
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
With a nice date visible like that it was obviously stolen from Daddy's coin collection by some rotten kid. Honesty time. Anybody ever do that?
 
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
Somebody got into their brother collection 🤣
 
With a nice date visible like that it was obviously stolen from Daddy's coin collection by some rotten kid. Honesty time. Anybody ever do that?
It’s not been in circulation all this time, that’s for sure.
 
stopped and got a soft drink from a local gas station and got an buffalo nickel in my change. Normally I wouldn’t have noticed but the patina caught my eye.
I got a merc a couple years ago the same way.... now i keep my eyes pee;ld. It's funny you mention "patina" as my eye caught the merrc immediately. Not exactly sure why but it jumped out at me....
 
With a nice date visible like that it was obviously stolen from Daddy's coin collection by some rotten kid. Honesty time. Anybody ever do that?
NOPE I NEVER DID that ! Instead I helped my dad collect coins and I added to it ! Now that my dad passed 40 years ago I'm still adding to it MINUS SOME AMOUNT that someone wanted more than I did !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom