68.8 KB · Views: 171
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 175
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 8
Catchy headline. I may need to use that one sometime, because I have most certainly been there.

I didn't even get out today, stayed home and worked on the van. I think the fat lady is warming up.
ZDD

Trust me your day was much better than my last dig...ended up getting bogged down as soon as I got to the site and cost me $50 to get out...all for 2 musket balls, 2 buckles and one maybe military that I may never know...so you had a sweet hunt lol....

At least you guys can dig! ....but I guess I beat the Patriot staying even by not going. :)

Better than watching from the sidelines. What do you think the copper toastie is?

No luck finding out what the copper is ?

Dig until your arm falls off

No clue what the copper is...smooth as silk...

Still no idea what the deal is with all the lead at this site...I've found about a dozen discs, a couple ingots and a huge lead cylinder...more lead than I've found on any other site...

I don't see anything wrong with those finds

Man That's a really bummer about getting stuck, it's one thing to get skunked but a complete drag when you have to get a tow. It happened to me and Rick at B'town this Spring.
ZDD

I would LOVE a hunt like that Romeo. I think you are getting spoiled. :laughing7:
Congrats on some nice lead. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

The large round piece looks like a palm guard.

Oh Yes you did IP Yes you did! Funny though, felt lucky, had found money on the ground the day before but still not enough to cover the tow :BangHead: But I just put it this way...It could've been worse! and a bad day digging is better than not digging at all....

At least you guys can dig! ....but I guess I beat the Patriot staying even by not going. :)

Looks pretty good to me. The ground will be hard soon so I'm taking everything I can get from here on out.

Congrats on your finds! Ya Sunday I collected my share of clad and can slaw!
I will happily do it again if I can get my digging tools in the frozen ground! HH!

tumblr_mf5lfcTJev1rrc78e.gif...cause Id take those finds

Still no idea what the deal is with all the lead at this site...I've found about a dozen discs, a couple ingots and a huge lead cylinder...more lead than I've found on any other site...

Maybe the former owner was a tinsmith or did repair work on metal objects, could have soldered goods for many years

Being able to dig isn't a fail this time of year, frozen ground is

Trust me your day was much better than my last dig...ended up getting bogged down as soon as I got to the site and cost me $50 to get out...all for 2 musket balls, 2 buckles and one maybe military that I may never know...so you had a sweet hunt lol....

You need to upgrade your digging vehicle. I cant get stuck.

Attachments

• image-2084958.jpg
    image-2084958.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 55
Looks a lot like my last dig too, bunch of lead and stuff. But at least there was a chance. And I showed up too late to help try to get Patriot unstuck, not that I would've been much help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back