What's new

A Fun Day Digging Today. NOT Detecting!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As some of you know, my friend and dive partner Kevin had back surgery a couple of months ago and hasn't been able to get out. After another person on here helped his friend by digging after he tossed down poker chips I decided that was a great idea. I got large dice instead of chips so he could kick them over the target and I could see them easier. So I go to his house and pick him up and we head to a park.

Kevin has a walker and is swinging ahead of it and moving pretty slow. I get the first target which is a house. (Lincoln cent for those that don't know my language) My second target is a wheat. He tosses a dice down and I go retrieve a silver plated spoon for him. Then he gets a nice silver tone on his E-Trac and I go over there to get it. turns out to be a sterling ring. His next target is a 1944 merc and then a rosey. He also got a house and a clad dime. I got 3 deep houses and a 1944 wheat.

This is my first land hunt for the fall. I have a Sun Ray probe I bought and a few times I accidentally left it on probe while swinging. GRRRR. I wasted a lot of time! I am going to sell it though. The E-Trac was heavy enough without it. I don't need the extra weight at all.

Anyway, Kevin was glad to get out of his house. I guess he deserved the silver after I cleaned up the water pretty good while he was way out of commission. It was a good day.

I also picked up a sugar beet that fell off a truck onto the road. For those that think all sugar comes from sugar cane they are mistaken. Pioneer sugar is here in Michigan and tons of sugar beets are grown here and harvested for their sugar. I don't know how to get sugar out of a beet yet but I was thinking of playing with it to see what happens.

I won't bore anyone with a wheat and three house picture! Nothing exciting on my end for sure!
 
Upvote 38
Awesome Deed Scuba, That was a nice neighborly deed. Kudos to you for bringing joy to others in their time of need.:notworthy:
 
That's Awesome what you did Scuba, guess karma will return the deed!!
 
I hauled sugar beet sugar out here, but they closed the plant.Pretty sure they slice and crush them to get them to a pulp then squeeze and boil all the water off and viola sugar crystals, dirty but sugar.Good of you to help out your friend.I am going to help a detector friend of mine out by putting his new electric bike together so he can ride further than he has been able to.His knees can't take all the pedaling.
 
Your a good little digger, I picture myself like that years to come, me with my walker, a grand or greatgrand son/daughter digging for me, lol I'll be out of commission myself after a few months, going to be getting my left knee replaced to match my right knee.
 
nice gesture. This is a really good idea and will produce a stronger friendship bond. Congrats on the beet......oh and the treasure.
 
We had a good time. When together and one of us brings up gold, our running joke is to say " Do you want to see what gold looks like?" Well he used that on me with silver yesterday.

I am just glad he was able to get out of his house. No idea when he can again. I was a bit frustrated I couldn't get my coil over a piece of silver though. But with everything I took out of the Detroit river, I am content. I will say it sure is nice seeing silver in the dirt instead of the water. Love seeing the edge of a shiny coin in the hole.
 
Scuba, sounds like a great hunt for you and Kevin. Glad he was able to get out and enjoy himself once again. He certainly deserves silver, as do you for being a good friend to him. -Lisa & John
 
One very classy act! Good karma for sure.

BUT....."I won't bore anyone with a wheat and three house picture! " !!! ???

WELL!!! Harumpf!! So much for my clad posts! :(

;)
 
Good on you, helping out a fellow detector like that. That's a great way to go detecting with anyone unable to bend down!
 
One very classy act! Good karma for sure.

BUT....."I won't bore anyone with a wheat and three house picture! " !!! ???

WELL!!! Harumpf!! So much for my clad posts! :(

;)


Wadidifind, your posts are always a story and a pleasure reading. I also am impressed with your clad count. 4¢ is hardly a picture posting event! Got to have Fishy and Bling in your adventures and I think I can speak for most of us that without your pictures and stories, this forum wouldn't be the same. I always post my clad count when I find clad. I hope you never quit posting.

Thanks all for responding. I feel very blessed to have a good friend.
 
Last edited:
Wadidifind, your posts are always a story and a pleasure reading. I also am impressed with your clad count. 4¢ is hardly a picture posting event! Got to have Fishy and Bling in your adventures and I think I can speak for most of us that without your pictures and stories, this forum wouldn't be the same. I always post my clad count when I find clad. I hope you never quit posting.

Thanks all for responding. I feel very blessed to have a good friend.

Just added more evidence for my "classy" determination. That's a very nice compliment! Thank you.
This forum was here before I got here and will be here long after I'm gone. But, it's the classy people
who are making this place what it is and if ANY one of them leaves, it has an impact. The place isn't the same.
That is life, but, it appears that it's in good hands. :)
 
22106886.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom