A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, at least you had a little excitement. The Falcon is not a clean bird (same with crow, owl, blackbirds) and neither is the rabbit. These were to be omitted by the Jews as unclean. BUT, that is just a few.
Continue your hunt and keep a check on all other happenings until you get your mind wrapped around it for what it really is. Have fun. My fingers crossed for you.

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W20 is the same as w10 and w30. Basically a updated w10 same battery, functions ect.
Wpi has no 10 second for 1000 picture function.
I think from the research I have done..... The Pentax cameras of the same generation are basically the same.
Going from memory-- e for entry, m for middle, w for waterproof, a for advanced and some others I'm forgetting.
You can google camera comparisons and see what is different including filters and such.
Far as I can tell, everything above the e model should work, but I can not verify that as FACT. They used the same optics and filters, but just made them fancier with more options.

Someone my have posted this same info earlier, but I'm not going back to read everything again.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W20 is the same as w10 and w30. Basically a updated w10 same battery, functions ect.
Wpi has no 10 second for 1000 picture function.
I think from the research I have done..... The Pentax cameras of the same generation are basically the same.
Going from memory-- e for entry, m for middle, w for waterproof, a for advanced and some others I'm forgetting.
You can google camera comparisons and see what is different including filters and such.
Far as I can tell, everything above the e model should work, but I can not verify that as FACT. They used the same optics and filters, but just made them fancier with more options.

Someone my have posted this same info earlier, but I'm not going back to read everything again.

What Pentax camera are you using now.

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the w10,w20, and w30. No aura yet.

The point I was trying to make is think of these cameras like cars. When you go buy a new car, you have several options. Do you want vinyl, cloth or leather seats? Fancy radio or plain? Base model or fully upgraded? The cars have the same drivetrains and same body, but depending on what you want to spend determines how nice of upgrades you got.

The cameras are the same. They use the same lenses and shutter mechanism. How fancy do you want and what options do you want?

Hope that made sense.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the older ones like the w10 with less megapixels are better. Not positive why, but not going to do a mega-study on it, it is what it is for the moment.

I think Ricoh (Capiio r3, r4) made some similar ones (and were made by the same manufacturer), and they take more pictures per second in the interval shoot mode like 1 every 5 secs instead of 10 seconds. But I haven't bought any of those, I have seven w10's I bought several year ago already, I don't really need any more equipment, so not going to test it.

I would gladly trade a dozen auras for a place to legally dig, it's not that rare to get one when you know how to set it up or know what markers are on the hillside you are pointing them towards. Btw Fordtrucks guy, you are pretty early in the year taking them. Wait till about now thru Sept and warm , fair weather at a minimum with alot of sun hitting the ground during the day. Mornings and afternoons seem best.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what I have a couple of the W-10 just been waiting on the snow to get gone but it still going to be awhile for that happens.

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might try some of the other cameras. I have the 3 for now. I only go aura hunting a few days a month, wish I had more time for it.

Know any tricks not mentioned in sandy1's guide? P.M me if you don't want it in public domain.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know any tricks not mentioned in sandy1's guide? P.M me if you don't want it in public domain.
That is one nice thing about this post that sandy1 has there is no hidden agendas everything is right out front were everybody can read it no pat on the back gang here.

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one nice thing about this post that sandy1 has there is no hidden agendas everything is right out front were everybody can read it no pat on the back gang here.

Im not trying to start a "good ole' boys club". Just saying I've had several people p.m me with info that they didn't want public. I'm here to learn, and I totally appreciate the fact that so many on here have been willing to give out information. Some people are very tight lipped and are more willing to share in private. It never hurts to ask, does it?

As a side note, most of my friends and family I've told about sandy1's guide think that this is a joke, and that I have gone a little crazy. I intend to prove them wrong......

Last edited:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not trying to start a "good ole' boys club". Just saying I've had several people p.m me with info that they didn't want public. I'm here to learn, and I totally appreciate the fact that so many on here have been willing to give out information. Some people are very tight lipped and are more willing to share in private. It never hurts to ask, does it?

As a side note, most of my friends and family I've told about sandy1's guide think that this is a joke, and that I have gone a little crazy. I intend to prove them wrong......

Be sure ta let us all know how that turns out. :icon_thumright:

Good luck!

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure ta let us all know how that turns out. :icon_thumright:

Good luck!

Go read the entire thread from beginning to end.
I would suggest that you purchase a camera, batteries, charger, tripod and SD card and go take some pictures. Have an open mind and try something new.
Several people on here have aura pictures.
There are some master's on here, you should take their advice.
This is hard work. It takes all day to get the pictures, then several hours to go through all the pictures.
I personally have found some of the markers described in sandy1's guide.

Just the other day I was given good advise on this thread, morning and evening best pic times, now till September.
Sorry I asked for more.
Don't want drama.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On your side note just wait tell you find it then they will be blowing up the phone your email is going crazy knocking down your door wanting to go with you and help dig everything it gets pretty crazy at first.But remember only tell people you trust and that is with your life.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not a joke, this thread has been about as straight forward as it can be on a public forum, these places are very real. There is alot of speculation how to go about some of it , but you should put a alot of weight on his information (sandy1's) as it will steer you in a very good direction right away. It all takes time to grasp and there can be some trial and error but nothing big comes easy. It takes alot of effort on your own. I think he put his heart into it on spilling out what he knows and there will be many people that benefit from it in the future. I've said before , give it 10 years, and I will stick to it. It takes several years for people to start trying anything new even.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deciphering the photos is an art form in itself.

The wildlife I've caught on camera is amazing. Treasure in another form.

DSCN2779.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread