A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 91630B35-E0CF-47A8-8889-7AAED53C224B.jpeg
    91630B35-E0CF-47A8-8889-7AAED53C224B.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 54

TriHarder

Mar 11, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cross on the trap points towards an old upper hill storage, follow its tail downhill until you see the cairn and its upright marker, just to its left is where Id look for a crisscross, To the left of that spot is a large side profile face with extended arm that ends on the this spot and a turtle head on its finger tips. Should be multiple storage's with some downhill at ground level so include entire hill in aura shootings. GL

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet. It’s remote location is intimidating.
I know a little about remote and intimidating locations that's the big reason there out there still, you have to go were no one else will but you have to be very careful wise discission must be made.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Remote is very important, especially to dig something. Better yet you own it, or make a deal with landowner.

However, several of the most incredible spots I know of, can be seen from the main drag in the town I live in. I've hiked up to them, watch them about every day of the year, these places are in locations that are fairly easy to get to as well, a short hike up the hills. Mostly due to ancient travel routes that are now modern travel routes. The best travel routes never change thru time. You might be surprised what is close by to where you live. I certainly have been.

I know of a very huge spot you can actually see from a Walmart parking lot. That's how ridiculous it is knowing about it. It makes me sick not being able to do much on it and a few others.. But I keep waiting, thinking something will come along and allow it. Maybe I'm wrong that it will. That's why I press on to many different sites and not stick with any particular one.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't spend the money. That okm stuff doesn't work as far as I know, otherwise archaeologists would be using it. As well as treasure finders. Sketchy company and feedback from all I have researched. Otherwise Sandy1 would have gotten a free one by now so he could use it and promote it. They don't work.

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
I wouldn't spend the money. That okm stuff doesn't work as far as I know, otherwise archaeologists would be using it. As well as treasure finders. Sketchy company and feedback from all I have researched. Otherwise Sandy1 would have gotten a free one by now so he could use it and promote it. They don't work.
I mostly agree with you, except for looking to archaeologists to being the ones to lead the way. It is their jobs to do the opposite. They are working for the sentinels even though they do not know it. They had to go to sentinel school to get the degree to get into the profession in the first place. Think, Smithsonian Institute and facts. It doesn't compute, does it?

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
I mostly agree with you, except for looking to archaeologists to being the ones to lead the way. It is their jobs to do the opposite. They are working for the sentinels even though they do not know it. They had to go to sentinel school to get the degree to get into the profession in the first place. Think, Smithsonian Institute and facts. It doesn't compute, does it?
Would you happen to have an opinion about the pulse induction Detech ssp 5100 and its 2 meter coil? Because it also has some pretty outrageous claims, but I have used it quite extensively and I have found it to be very effective at extreme depths.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The pi's can go really deep, but you have to ground balance and they pick up iron in the rock strata below. So you pretty much have to have an idea of where it might be at first, and then go over with a detector about 5 or 6 times, figure out the feedback relative to what's around by markers, alignments, auras, etc , and then decide if you want dig. It gets frustrating, but I think it's possible and I know it has been done.

The pi detectors , you are re-ground balancing every 10 feet or so, so it becomes a chore to figure what exactly it's reading. My largest pi coil is 98 inches across, it theoretically will hit a tin can at 6 feet. It takes 2 to operate, about 20 minutes to set up and 15 to take down (yes it's a chore just setting up and carrying all the parts). But , if everything works out on the auras, alignments, markers etc, I would probably try and dig and see what's causing the hit, even a slight one.

Another thing, the magnetometers (spelling?) have been used to find old digging tools in covered mines, as well as impurities in bars. But they will go off on everything else as well that has iron content. Like basalt around my area. Sometimes even cow/horse pee can set off a balanced pi detector. So it's all difficult at best.

I wouldn't say don't use them, I just wouldn't spend 8-20k on unproven equipment. The only person I know claiming to find something with an OKM unit, was selling it right after. Why would he do that if it worked? Makes no sense.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The pi's can go really deep, but you have to ground balance and they pick up iron in the rock strata below. So you pretty much have to have an idea of where it might be at first, and then go over with a detector about 5 or 6 times, figure out the feedback relative to what's around by markers, alignments, auras, etc , and then decide if you want dig. It gets frustrating, but I think it's possible and I know it has been done.

The pi detectors , you are re-ground balancing every 10 feet or so, so it becomes a chore to figure what exactly it's reading. My largest pi coil is 98 inches across, it theoretically will hit a tin can at 6 feet. It takes 2 to operate, about 20 minutes to set up and 15 to take down (yes it's a chore just setting up and carrying all the parts). But , if everything works out on the auras, alignments, markers etc, I would probably try and dig and see what's causing the hit, even a slight one.

Another thing, the magnetometers (spelling?) have been used to find old digging tools in covered mines, as well as impurities in bars. But they will go off on everything else as well that has iron content. Like basalt around my area. Sometimes even cow/horse pee can set off a balanced pi detector. So it's all difficult at best.

I wouldn't say don't use them, I just wouldn't spend 8-20k on unproven equipment. The only person I know claiming to find something with an OKM unit, was selling it right after. Why would he do that if it worked? Makes no sense.
The smartest plan would be to find a proven experienced operator and hire him to scan your target, then be prepared to accept his results. Very few hunters are qualified to understand and operate these high tech devices to the limits of their capacities.

This strategy will test the realities of the hunters' conclusions. Claiming that "I've found it", and paying to prove it are two different things.

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
The smartest plan would be to find a proven experienced operator and hire him to scan your target, then be prepared to accept his results. Very few hunters are qualified to understand and operate these high tech devices to the limits of their capacities.

This strategy will test the realities of the hunters' conclusions. Claiming that "I've found it", and paying to prove it are two different things.
I agree. Only I'm just figuring out who the sentinels actually are, and it has scared me off my game a bit. I am concerned about anyone with actual qualifications. I have considered to try and find employment in the GPR field to get the experience that is needed in order to proceed onto my own goals. I am not in a hurry. As they say, gold is where you leave it.

Sandy1devotee369

Feb 10, 2022
I agree. Only I'm just figuring out who the sentinels actually are, and it has scared me off my game a bit. I am concerned about anyone with actual qualifications. I have considered to try and find employment in the GPR field to get the experience that is needed in order to proceed onto my own goals. I am not in a hurry. As they say, gold is where you leave it.
Besides, it is starting to make sense that the end goal has nothing to do with the actual "treasure" but more so how you have to think in a completely different way at to how we have been taught to.

Sangre De Cristo

Nov 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A two Box Garrett 2500 found a 2 foot diameter steel culvert at 9 feet in mineralized soil at sensitivity 6, under a flat dirt road. Trying to run it in uneven, rocky and brushy country; good luck.
A Garrett ATX with the large coil in perfect conditions will quietly find a garbage can lid at 5 feet, however it is a beast to run in the mountains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread