A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other

visio

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
if your 2-3 miles out then its not following the guide correctly, 0.5 miles is the maximum ideal distance.
I knew the area was possibly a spanish storage area so I shot the mountain range. The area is dense with pinion trees, steep, and rocky so finding the markers first per the guide was not possible.
I really didn't have much choice on the distance. There was a highway, a river, and a small town in between. I was able to pinpoint the spot per the guide using a spotting scope, radios, and a friend.

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the area was possibly a spanish storage area so I shot the mountain range. The area is dense with pinion trees, steep, and rocky so finding the markers first per the guide was not possible.
I really didn't have much choice on the distance. There was a highway, a river, and a small town in between. I was able to pinpoint the spot per the guide using a spotting scope, radios, and a friend.
Most of the areas will be along a water route its all in the guide should be a substatintall sized monument around the area good luck stick with it.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.JPG
    IMG_6164.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 35

visio

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Most of the areas will be along a water route its all in the guide should be a substatintall sized monument around the area good luck stick with it.
T hunting in wooded areas is a little harder than hunting in desert terrain. The markers are still up high on the hill ridges with u-notches, hoyos, and eye catcher white or black rocks as in sandy1's guide. Found my site area by glassing and seeing a large white rock in the open on the side of a ridge. I'm pushing late 60's. This site is out of my physical abilities and a backhoe is not possible.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T hunting in wooded areas is a little harder than hunting in desert terrain. The markers are still up high on the hill ridges with u-notches, hoyos, and eye catcher white or black rocks as in sandy1's guide. Found my site area by glassing and seeing a large white rock in the open on the side of a ridge. I'm pushing late 60's. This site is out of my physical abilities and a backhoe is not possible.
I am in the mountains to it is not an easy task of locating a vault it takes time the spanish were smart.You need to surround yourself with people that you can trust like the ones that will have your back thru thick and thin.The task of the recovery is strenuous but will pay off the younger generation is very helpful if willing, but be careful.There are other location that are easier just takes time to find one they are out there they could actually be off a highway and easy walking distance you just have to have the determination to do the work. When you catch an aura remember there will be some type of signs close to the area.

Last edited:

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years back I found some things on the mountain that I wanted to make sense of. My research lead me to Sandy1 and this thread. Anyone who has followed this thread, actually studied and tried it, tried to learn more about it and actually put some time into executing it..........

Ive been past those rocks i posted pics of thousands of times....

They finally caught my eyes over the weekend and i wanted to share them

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would share this with you guys, this marker (which is obviously man made) really made no sense to me at all until one day I was looking at my thumbnails (small 1 inch compression picture) and finally saw what it actually is.
View attachment 2093986
Wow I bet your were happy to get that one figured out and thank you for helping on all the other ones to.You are truly a wealth of information and do not ever think it goes unappreciated.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Yessir good job there are many owls around this treasure location and most are looking towards the aura I caught which also happens to be the middle of a 130 foot triangle. In fact one of the outer points of this triangle is an Owl, here is the Owl that is one point of this 130 foot triangle: This Owl has his head turned half way around on his back and roosting right there, but is looking right down the line towards the middle of the Triangle at 75 feet. Notice the Roosting Duck boulder in the background with his head on his back also.

3b.JPG

Last edited:

Sir_Duck

Greenie
Jun 12, 2022
First, incredible info!! I can't thank you enough for giving this info freely for anyone who might be stuck on a site wondering where to go next. This info could be the final piece to the puzzle for some!! Amazing!!

2nd, I'm thinking about getting Kenworthy's books and I was wondering if this thread basically covered somewhat of a summary to the kenworthy books. I don't want to drop several hundred dollars on books if I can just come back to this thread that already has the same info for free.

Of course I understand that there's gonna be a few things here and there that are mentioned in the book that's not in this thread, and vice versa, but I'm wondering if those few differences are worth spending that type of money.

Again, thank you so much for the info, and sorry if you answered this earlier.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
First, incredible info!! I can't thank you enough for giving this info freely for anyone who might be stuck on a site wondering where to go next. This info could be the final piece to the puzzle for some!! Amazing!!

2nd, I'm thinking about getting Kenworthy's books and I was wondering if this thread basically covered somewhat of a summary to the kenworthy books. I don't want to drop several hundred dollars on books if I can just come back to this thread that already has the same info for free.

Of course I understand that there's gonna be a few things here and there that are mentioned in the book that's not in this thread, and vice versa, but I'm wondering if those few differences are worth spending that type of money.

Again, thank you so much for the info, and sorry if you answered this earlier.
I have all of Kenworthy's books (me and my parents personally knew the man) and While Kenworthy knew about the 130 foot triangle and many other things at treasure locations he mostly talks about how to decipher maps and different things like deathtraps, he unfortunately doesn't go into great detail about what to look for at real treasure sites such as, alignments, crisscross spots, measurements or animal carvings, Kenworthy most definitely was aware of the carved Owls at treasure sites as was Calvin Keys but neither mention them that I am aware of in their books.

Last edited:

Sir_Duck

Greenie
Jun 12, 2022
I have all of Kenworthy's books (me and my parents personally knew the man) and While Kenworthy knew about the 130 foot triangle and many other things at treasure locations he mostly talks about how to decipher maps and different things like deathtraps, he unfortunately doesn't go into great detail about what to look for at real treasure sites such as, alignments, crisscross spots, measurements or animal carvings, Kenworthy most definitely was aware of the carved Owls at treasure sites as was Calvin Keys but neither mention them that I am aware of in their books.
Thanks for the reply and letting me know! Now knowing this I'll probably hold off on the books for now. Especially if he did in fact leave out certain things he knew of like the owl carvings, for whatever reason.

All the info in your thread seems like it's way more than enough to find a few interesting spots. I'll have to print it out and make a small booklet to carry with me on some trips!

Sir_Duck

Greenie
Jun 12, 2022
Also, another question. I know it's impossible to know 100% for sure and im sure its different for every spot, but if you had to guess, how often would a sentinel check a site? I'm not sure if there's any code or rules they go by that makes them inspect a site weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.

I'd hate to be several feet down in a hole I just dug up only to look up and see someone standing there staring down at me with  that look on their face. I doubt they'd even bother to ask any questions... haha

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, another question. I know it's impossible to know 100% for sure and im sure its different for every spot, but if you had to guess, how often would a sentinel check a site? I'm not sure if there's any code or rules they go by that makes them inspect a site weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.

I'd hate to be several feet down in a hole I just dug up only to look up and see someone standing there staring down at me with  that look on their face. I doubt they'd even bother to ask any questions... haha
its usually years in between visits for the Sentinels from my experience

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
You have always said an owl is one of the top monuments you can find on a site, a true sign of treasure location.
That is very true however the owl is only at certain specific types of treasure sites, I have been to many treasure locations that I caught auras from that there wasn't an owl in sight, instead there were other boulder markers such as a Rabbit or a Fox and of course a Turtle.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never actually came across an owl on the sites that I have up here.I am hopeful someday, I will discover one out there.Could be geographic locations to maybe more prevalent in the southwest there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread