A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

It was wash under the table like all their bad deeds.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I went out this morning to a new area I have never been to before, The reason I did this is because a lot of people have told me that they are confused by markers, so I am hoping this will help you all out a bit and also show you guys how simple this type of treasure hunting really is.

The first thing I looked for was lit up rocks which I found 3 due to them being designed to light up in the morning.

Here are two that I found but did not follow. Notice how they stand alone, this is the key to finding the Important markers
1 (1).JPG1 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Here is the one that I decided to follow for a couple of reasons.

First off the hill is a standalone hill away from the main body of the mountain range, this is a favorite for accumulation rooms as they are easy to find/relocate when they came back to recover the accumulated mined metals.(Think Victorio peak)

Second it would be an easy spot to bring wagons up to for an easy recovery.

Notice how bright the rock is in the front of the hill, and that it is a standalone marker, this Only lights up in the morning time, you cannot see it in the afternoon at all. (these two pics are of the same hill from two slightly different angles)

1 (1).JPG1 (2).JPG

Last edited:
so know do u aim for the U cut out on oppsite mountain?

Not quite, the next step for me was to go up and look at the lit up rock in #1273 and as I got near it I found this Cairn.
1 (3).JPG

Then the actual lit up rock
1 (4).JPG

Last edited:
As I approached the lit up rock, I could see the entire left hand side had been chiseled off in order to reflect the morning sun, where as the right hand side was left alone so it would not be lit up in the afternoon at all.
1 (5).JPG

Then as I got closer I could see that there was a small rock on top that had a couple of smaller rocks wedged under it.
1 (6).JPG

when I got on top of the lit up rock I could see that the rock with the wedge rocks under it was a Heart
1 (7).JPG

After moving over to the side of it I realized the Heart was the shell of a turtle looking to the right with a few other markers around it.
1 (8).JPG1 (9).JPG

Everything was looking to the right so I started around the hill to the right, and found a wash which is good as they will put storage markers in view of a wash, because they used the washes to travel up or even if they couldn't travel up them they would at least use it as a guide so they would never lose the storage locations.

Last edited:
I didn't see any names, but you haven't seen the A-Frame "yet"

So after investigating the lit up rock I went around the side of the hill following the wash around a hundred yards and came to this Standalone Boulder.
1 (10).JPG

Here is a closer look at it
1 (12).JPG

then when I got up to it I found yet another heart laying at its base with even more markers scattered about.
1 (13).JPG1 (15).JPG

When I looked around it some more I found a second large Boulder up to the right.
1 (11).JPG

I decided to use these as a two rock alignment and since I came from the lit up rock I already knew which way to go, so I headed on around the hill even further.....
1 (12).JPG

Last edited:
I decided to use these as a two rock alignment and since I came from the lit up rock I already knew which way to go, so I headed on around the hill even further.....
View attachment 1480903

Sandy1, are the 2 smaller boulders that appear to be in the middle of the two big ones that you used as an alignments of any importance?
I circled them in this picture....

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 2 boulders Sandy1.JPG
    2 boulders Sandy1.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 102
Sandy1, are the 2 smaller boulders that appear to be in the middle of the two big ones that you used as an alignments of any importance?
I circled them in this picture....

Thank you in advance.

No there are many smaller boulders around the area but the only important ones are the ones that really stand out, if you get hung up on the smaller stuff (which are all over the place) you will never leave and get to the more important markers, this is why it is SO Important to only use the most important Standalone markers and not worry about all the common stuff everywhere.

I went around the hill another hundred yards or so and this is what I found, the final marker(s) to the Vault. (there are more which I will be showing soon)

The A-FRAME Rock
1 (17).JPG

Just so you guys know that these Markers are Not Just Relegated to the Desert I am posting a link to another one of these A-Frame Markers in a completely different part of the country, if you guys will notice the comments on the Links thread are mostly people trying to see if there is writing/letters on the rock itself.

As you guys know I am not an advocate of writing on rocks, however I am an advocate for the positioning and relationships of markers to other out of place markers in the area which I will be showing in my next pictures.

These Markers were never meant to be tipped or moved out of place (that would mess up the alignments) which is why they are so large, I mention this as it was suggested in the Link below and is a bad idea.

Out of place triangle shaped rock

Picture from the link above
DSC_0023.JPG

Here is another A-Frame rock that Minuteman2 had posted and it has a set of eyes (saying look here) next to the A-Frame rock for those of you in the Ozarks.
Ever see anything that looks like this?
Picture from the link above
1 First Alignment A frame and Peaked Rock with Eyes.jpg

My point is that these are not just here in Arizona.

One other thing, from what I have observed the A-Frame rocks were used specifically for accumulation rooms not for small caches, in other words they are marking the Kings Storages.

Last edited:
One other thing, from what I have observed the A-Frame rocks were used specifically for accumulation rooms not for small caches, in other words they are marking the Kings Storages.
Sandy, THANK YOU so much for this! I was on the edge of my seat. This was just like actually being able to be out in the field with you! I loved it. More, more! :)
Now, you mentioned the A-frame markers as representing the King's storage, so what kind of markers could one expect to find for the small caches?

Generally the smaller caches have smaller rocks that are aligned and turtles (but the turtles seem to be at both) however I have not seen any hearts at the smaller caches they seem to be related to royalty or the king.

After finding the A-Frame rock it only took a second to find another large boulder close by.1 (19).JPG

And I don't think it takes much of a leap of faith to realize that these two boulders are an alignment, the close one is the A-Frame rock from the other side.
1 (18).JPG

However there was one very important marker missing (that I hadn't found yet), what do you guys think it could be?

Last edited:
Generally the smaller caches have smaller rocks that are aligned and turtles (but the turtles seem to be at both) however I have not seen any hearts at the smaller caches they seem to be related to royalty or the king.
Thanks, Sandy1. When you say the rocks will be smaller for caches, will the rocks still be immovable? And how small should/could one expect them to be?

After finding the A-Frame rock it only took a second to find another large boulder close by.View attachment 1481104

And I don't think it takes much of a leap of faith to realize that these two boulders are an alignment, the close one is the A-Frame rock from the other side.
View attachment 1481107

However there was one very important marker missing (that I hadn't found yet), what do you guys think it could be?
Turtle? Owl? Heart?

Thanks, Sandy1. When you say the rocks will be smaller for caches, will the rocks still be immovable? And how small should/could one expect them to be?

Usually buried rocks (so they are not movable) with just the top visible which you would only see if your walking on the trail. There is one more marker but it relates to the question I asked in 1285 so I will tell you after someone figures it out.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back