A little box of treasures! Bone, Ivory, bead work, fishing, looking glass, and more!

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I was drinking beer over at a friend's house, and got curious about a box he had sitting on the bar. He said he bought it an auction for 5 bucks, just for the box. Inside he said there was just a bunch of "old sewing junk." I got pawed through and found a lot more than just that. I'll start with some of the more average stuff and end with a few items I could use some help with ID'ing.

An old juice harp marked "England" and a vinatge metal advertising ruler:
DSCN3577.JPG

Are these wooden things for sewing?
DSCN3582.JPG

An tiny old brass looking glass. The eye-piece lens is cube shaped! Any age or manufacturer
DSCN3581.JPGDSCN3580.JPGDSCN3578.JPG

Old bead-work. The beads are glass and hexagon shaped. Native American?
DSCN3571.JPGDSCN3572.JPG

Finally, these two things: Bone or Ivory? For Fishing? Age? No other ideas.
DSCN3583.JPGDSCN3584.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Wow! Great ID bevbay! No doubt about it. Was the little odd shaped piece next to it used in lace making as well?

Upvote 0
Wow! Great ID bevbay! No doubt about it. Was the little odd shaped piece next to it used in lace making as well?

Well the bottom piece looks like a bobbin that was used to wrap thread around to keep them organized. My Grandmother use to tat and I remember her using shuttles and making beautiful doilies. (In the 50s) It was fascinating! Kind of a lost art today....

Upvote 0
Believe top pic is mouth harp?

****just saw you called it a juice harp...at least my mind is still at half speed :tongue3:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back