What's new

A little fun...What is the strangest bank name you have run across

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fifth Third Bank

Say What?
 
Upvote 0
"Cow Pasture Bank", several locations here in Texas that have been purchased by the Wells Fargo boys.
 
coolpix9 said:
"Cow Pasture Bank", several locations here in Texas that have been purchased by the Wells Fargo boys.

I didn't know you were from Texas. I'm from Texas also. East texas. What general part of Texas are you in?
 
Here in Detroit

There used to be a Bank called Detroit Bank & Trust

Boy how things have changed.

It has since been replaced by "Give us all yo Dam money now sucka Bank"..... LOL

Mojo
 
WAMU bank....Its kind of like Wamo!...but not really.

Golden Silver
 
I saw a bank one time called Ben Franklin "something". I thought surely this was a sign from God. But aparantley they were too cool to have halves.
 
unfortunately all the "Franklin Banks" were bought by Prosperity Bank which describes their business plan very well.
 
dandow20 said:
Silver Bank

Indianapolis, IN

That's too cool. But have you found any silver from this bank?
 
Well. I haven't seen many banks that have strange names. Steve Martin once said he was going to open a bank just called "Fred's Bank". Now that would be funny.
Kinda like a law firm called "Dewey,Cheatam, and Howe"
 
I say good riddance to all Franklin banks. All the ones I have dealt with have rude tellers and "customer only" policy on coins. And you can't lie and say yes because they check before giving you the coins. I tried that three times.

I'm just glad they failed. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
 
Steve Martin once said he was going to open a bank just called "Fred's Bank". Now that would be funny.

I remerber Driving through Ocean City Md. and seeing Calvin B. Taylor Bank. Made me think of Fred's bank also.
 
Silver Bank has tons of silver, I go there everyday to get my fix!!!

j/k, April Fools all!!! Silver bank...hahaha!
 
Skunk-a-roo Bank they are all over my area...

Not sure if that is there real name but that is what I call them ;D
 
I've got the icing on the cake for you.

http://www.redneckbank.com/


This is a legit bank and is constantly touted on www.fatwallet.com finance forums as having some of the top interest rates for liquid accounts.

You really need to check out their website for the full flavor.
 
Shake-N-Bake said:
Skunk-a-roo Bank they are all over my area...

Not sure if that is there real name but that is what I call them ;D

LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom