K kickstart Sr. Member Joined Mar 7, 2007 Messages 263 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Ga. Sep 3, 2007 #1 I found these last week and I was wondering if they are considered error coins and how they might have been made. Any help will be appreciated. Attachments Treasures 168.webp 64.6 KB · Views: 214 Treasures 170.webp 26.5 KB · Views: 221 Upvote 0
I found these last week and I was wondering if they are considered error coins and how they might have been made. Any help will be appreciated.
I Immy Silver Member Joined Mar 12, 2005 Messages 2,999 Reaction score 874 Golden Thread 0 Location Vegas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 3, 2007 #2 Definitely "after-Mint" damage. Looks like they've been in a fire, which can cause surface bubbling like that.
Definitely "after-Mint" damage. Looks like they've been in a fire, which can cause surface bubbling like that.
Sheldius Hero Member Joined Mar 15, 2007 Messages 751 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location Bronx, NY Detector(s) used Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 3, 2007 #3 I found one very similar and concluded "fire" as well. I can even see the hole the gases escaped through after they heated up. Maybe we are into a bacth that come from a salvage. HH.
I found one very similar and concluded "fire" as well. I can even see the hole the gases escaped through after they heated up. Maybe we are into a bacth that come from a salvage. HH.