What's new

A Little Variety

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I haven't been finding much recently. Today's box had a nice mix: 1967 Kennedy, a 1976-S business strike Silver Kennedy (Needed for album), a 1979-S Type I Proof, 2 2002-P, 4 2002-D, and a 1993 1/2 Balboa.

28MAY09_Total.jpg


Last weeks box had 6 2002s and 1 Magic Coin.

21MAY09_Total.jpg


Here is a shot of my misc machine finds over the last couple weeks.

28MAY09_Misc_Total.jpg


It amazes me the countries that get represented here in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin.
 
Upvote 0
Nice mix. Those Rands are pretty interesting. Don't think I've seen any posted here before.

Mojo
 
I like the Rand design also. One of the perks of working at a Credit Union, they let me have all the foreign coins (except Canadian) that come in.
 
Cool foreign coins and flat pennies, I used to collect those! :thumbsup:
 
OK, this maybe a stupid question but what is a 1976 s business strike?
I know one is cameo and the other is not but both are silver.
Is the one without cameo a business strike?
 
The business strikes are coins minted for circulation. Proof coins are the ones with the cameo effect. In '76 the San Francisco mint put out 3-coin silver sets with the "S" mint mark in both Proof and Business strikes. Same with the silver Ike dollars from 71-74, the business strikes came in blue envelopes and the Proofs came in brown boxes.

The silver business strikes weren't minted for circulation but used the same process as coins that were.
 
Fropa said:
The business strikes are coins minted for circulation. Proof coins are the ones with the cameo effect. In '76 the San Francisco mint put out 3-coin silver sets with the "S" mint mark in both Proof and Business strikes. Same with the silver Ike dollars from 71-74, the business strikes came in blue envelopes and the Proofs came in brown boxes.

The silver business strikes weren't minted for circulation but used the same process as coins that were.
Thank you. I learned something new today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom