What's new

A moment to remember the Native People

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 122652
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 122652

Guest
Spanish mines, treasure hunting, mystery, it's all such a fun and exciting adventure. I have loved every second of it. One thing that really bothers me, bad. To the point I'm posting on this forum because I think every single person that searches for gold in any way shape or form should be aware of, and carry a sense of respect and honor for the countless HUMAN BEINGS that were brutally mistreated by other humans.

I have scoured over hundreds of newspaper archives for Utah starting in the 1850's. Scrolling page after page after page. I've read so many stories about the dark side of humanity and it's absolutely horrific what the Natives endured. I could never imagine. Never. I have read stories of the Spaniards hanging the natives by their arms and burning them. I have read about the fact that they called them "dogs". They were raped. Murdered. Tortured. Enslaved. Beaten. I even read one account where the Spaniards had big huge dogs that they let loose on the Natives. It was talking about pregnant women not being safe from the violence and that the dogs would rip the newborn out and eat it and eat the mother too while everyone watched. Or how about how they would only live a few months if they were enslaved because they were starved and most of the mining was dangerous.

To me, even though this was so long ago, I'm still disgusted. I have no idea or zero understanding of how a human being can do that to another human being.

I firstly think that these lives need to be remembered for what happened to them. I mean, the named it "The Old Spanish Trail", when it was the Natives trails. The Spaniards used the trails to travel, move their metals, and human traffick the Native people and sell them. Which brings me to my last point. THIS HAS NEVER STOPPED! IT STILL GOES ON TODAY! NATIVE WOMEN AND GIRLS ARE STILL SOLD AND MURDERED!

It's important that if you learn the history to find the gold and treasure that you learn the entire story. That you carry respect at all times. That they are remembered, as human beings and not dogs. Most important though is the knowledge of its continued existence and instead of everyone not talking about it, we do something about it. Do a search on YouTube and type in missing native Americans. See what you get.

My hope for all of those souls that endured the evil and unenlightened Spaniards can find the peace they deserve. That every piece of gold your eyes see remembers them, honors them and respects their artifacts or whatever it may be. Besides, these are the spirits that protect the valuable treasures you seek. Lol
 
Thank you for such a nice post. It sounds like you’ve learned about MMIW, and yes we go missing like lost socks in the laundry. We’ve discussed it here before, for the longest my signature had a link to Native Hope (dot org) and occasionally someone would comment on it or ask about it.

One thing I’ll say about this forum is the majority of people don’t forget the relics they find were made by real humans and give the proper respect that is due. Because of the way I’m raised I don’t collect them and leave any I see where I find them, but I don’t see a problem with people salvaging the history of where we came from. The large majority do it out of love of history and appreciation of the people that made them.

We’ve had conversations wondering what that person was doing, what their life was like, etc. It is so interesting and amazing to think about.
 
GWW got a lot of friends in that MMIW, posting things. Mostly northern girls, what goes on up there, and you have to think what the hell, nobody cares? Any artifact I come across is a direct link to the past that connects you to those folks. And I really don't believe aliens from another world came to help the poor ignorant indigenous folks with their creations. They were smarter than we think.
 
Thank you for such a nice post. It sounds like you’ve learned about MMIW, and yes we go missing like lost socks in the laundry. We’ve discussed it here before, for the longest my signature had a link to Native Hope (dot org) and occasionally someone would comment on it or ask about it.

One thing I’ll say about this forum is the majority of people don’t forget the relics they find were made by real humans and give the proper respect that is due. Because of the way I’m raised I don’t collect them and leave any I see where I find them, but I don’t see a problem with people salvaging the history of where we came from. The large majority do it out of love of history and appreciation of the people that made them.

We’ve had conversations wondering what that person was doing, what their life was like, etc. It is so interesting and amazing to think about.
I'm sorry things like this exist in the world. It isn't necessary in my eyes. Everyone is equal. We are all One. Connected. Why don't people understand that? I know you need good and bad to have a balance, but there's a line where it's not even human anymore. I have hope though. I think things are changing.
GWW got a lot of friends in that MMIW, posting things. Mostly northern girls, what goes on up there, and you have to think what the hell, nobody cares? Any artifact I come across is a direct link to the past that connects you to those folks. And I really don't believe aliens from another world came to help the poor ignorant indigenous folks with their creations. They were smarter than we think.
More people need to stand with them. The world needs to know it won't be tolerated anymore and enough is enough. It's one thing to be aware, but it's another to do something about it. This is the EXACT reason I search for the gold. To use it to help the world. Now I just have to find a way to get the gold. Haha.
 
GWW got a lot of friends in that MMIW, posting things. Mostly northern girls, what goes on up there, and you have to think what the hell, nobody cares? Any artifact I come across is a direct link to the past that connects you to those folks. And I really don't believe aliens from another world came to help the poor ignorant indigenous folks with their creations. They were smarter than we think.
I’ve always thought maybe the indigenous helped the aliens. 😬
I'm sorry things like this exist in the world. It isn't necessary in my eyes. Everyone is equal. We are all One. Connected. Why don't people understand that? I know you need good and bad to have a balance, but there's a line where it's not even human anymore. I have hope though. I think things are changing.

More people need to stand with them. The world needs to know it won't be tolerated anymore and enough is enough. It's one thing to be aware, but it's another to do something about it. This is the EXACT reason I search for the gold. To use it to help the world. Now I just have to find a way to get the gold. Haha.
Most people aren’t aware. Then when they learn about it, it is difficult to absorb because it is unbelievable to them that it goes on right underneath their noses.

Good luck in your search, the world needs more like you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom