What's new

A New Piece For My Collection!!!!!!!!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[This is a Mississippian elbow pottery pipe that I bought from a very good trusted dealer an someone I would call a friend. 0720191214.webp0720191215.webp0720191215a.webp0720191216.webp0720191216_HDR.webp0720191216a_HDR.webp This is my first intact pottery pipe to own. It's tempered with shell and shows a polish from behind held an used. Looking at it under a scope it has some great deposits. I thought some of you would like to see it
!!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
That’s a cool looking piece! Well preserved too!
 
That is badass--looks great up on the shelf
 
I'm glad that you got it too. I was very tempted, but my wallet wouldn't stop laughing.
 
I'm glad that you got it too. I was very tempted, but my wallet wouldn't stop laughing.
I was glad to get it and 1 friend pointed out it looks like a buffalo horn, but that maybe grasping for straws. Lol!!!!!
 
That's the first thing I thought when I saw it, not knowing anything about pipes .
 
Great addition to your collection
 
Awesome piece!
 
I like the way you display it as well!:icon_thumright:Very cool!
 
Amazing piece in awesome condition ! I wouldn't discount the intentional horn shape of the piece either. Were you able to get any info on State, County or circumstances of it's discovery?
 
I thought it looked like a Buffalo horn the first time I laid eyes on it. In fact, I was trying to make it be a buffalo horn!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom