A new style of hunting...3 days worth gold silver and wheaties

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Figured after passing 10,000 coins for year a change was due. Been trying a few different programs as my year starts to close...Been out 3 days in November including today....easily over 200 coins and in the center of the pic are the best finds from the 3 days... Been slowing down skipping...thats right skipping quite a few penny signals...still ended up with a lot! But nice not to be counting each coin as I hunt.

Well the best finds were the 14k earring marked on part that closes it.
A silver earring marked silver Mexico on back(925).
A religious medallion...
2 wheaties both over 4.0 deep
A bicentennial quarter and a Canadian nickel.

Attachments

• 3days finds Nov 1-4 gold silver and wheaties.jpg
    3days finds Nov 1-4 gold silver and wheaties.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 739
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like the new style is working good for you Gregg ! very nice finds ;)

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
DFX-Gregg said:
over 200 coins and in the center of the pic are the best finds from the 3 days... Been slowing down

Been slowing down??? ::). Your still a hunting machine :o. I went out a couple of days ago with the intentions of finding 100 coins. Gave up after an hour and 36 coins.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you must have a good back ;D Awesome total Gregg, the religious medal is very nice also.

Nat

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
rebelLT said:
DFX-Gregg said:
over 200 coins and in the center of the pic are the best finds from the 3 days... Been slowing down

Been slowing down??? ::). Your still a hunting machine :o. I went out a couple of days ago with the intentions of finding 100 coins. Gave up after an hour and 36 coins.

Usually if i am trying for 100...at the pace you were going I would have kept going! ??? I hunted slowly and put in some extra time...I really wanted a silver coin this weekend...but I was happy with the variety. I am not counting anymore this year...except when I am done for my log.... Thanks! :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Natman said:
Man you must have a good back ;D Awesome total Gregg, the religious medal is very nice also.

Nat

Back is sore...did take some time off duing week..but weather is about to change here...a couple of the mornings when I hunted it was in the 30's so change is coming.... The religious metal gave out a broken signal and was on the surface...came out like a mixed/junk metal...signal was in penny range and bouncing...hard not to see once I looked down! :D Thanks...

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY DFX GREGG. CONGRATS ON THE 10,000 COUNT.........MABEY FOR THE 08 SEASON GO FOR $ 10,000 IN GOLD RINGS..........PACO

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Usually if i am trying for 100...at the pace you were going I would have kept going! ???
[/quote]

Greg. I hunted for an hour and only found 1 old coin. a 1919 wheat (hideously deep 8)). I didnt see any silver and my right eye start twitching again so I had to go! I'm gonna try for 100 again some day at the same place. Only I'm gonna take the XLT next time.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started skipping penny signals also when I am really pressed for time. I usually only go for them when they are very deep. It does allow you to spend quality time looking for better targets.

When I water hunt with my Garrett Infinium, I will only go after gold signals which are a certain ID Tone. I ignore all silver signals which can also be clad coins. I figure with the amount of digging I would do on the silver stuff, I could increase my probability of more gold if I just ignore the silver. Even if I pass a silver ring, the potential gain by getting more gold far outweighs the loss of silver.

These are the things you start thinking about as you become a seasoned veteran hunter. I remember when I would dig every penny to get that count. We have become much wiser in our older treasure hunting days!

Good stuff!

Jim

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you gonna go for 20,000 next year?

WTG
SgtSki

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on the gold and silver and nothing wrong with that new style, except you'll have more quarters and dimes!! Hope you're dressed for the weather now!! Definitely a good three days!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
SgtSki in MI said:
So you gonna go for 20,000 next year?

WTG
SgtSki

No I will probably dig less coins but would like to increase older and more valuable finds... Seriously I would not want to dig 20,000 coins...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
Congrats on the gold and silver and nothing wrong with that new style, except you'll have more quarters and dimes!! Hope you're dressed for the weather now!! Definitely a good three days!

Yes I have changed attire.... ;)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
PACO said:
HEY DFX GREGG. CONGRATS ON THE 10,000 COUNT.........MABEY FOR THE 08 SEASON GO FOR $ 10,000 IN GOLD RINGS..........PACO

One great gold/diamond ring could do that....I like setting goals that make me get out and work... Things I can do if I put in the effort...Finding gold or silver is hard to control...but the clad for my area is here...so that is what I work with....the other stuff is what I want to improve on ...>silver coins....

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks everyone for the replies....going to still be out with cooler weather until...the ground gets frozen...

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
That medallion with the virgin Mary is really nice. Good work on the finds Gregg. You might have slowed down, but that is still a big haul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread