I am hooked to this hobby, and have been trying to figure out how to buy and how to dump.
Our main bank is super friendly. They are the only bank in town that has a coin counter that I know of, and you must have an account there for them to use it. It is behind the counter. They don't seem too annoyed by smaller amounts of clean change, but leave some pocket lint or a book of matches in it, they get upset. I've also seen them get upset with one-hit walk-ins wanting $1,000 worth of change counted on demand, always during rush hour before a holiday weekend.
I think they would let me dump small quantities of less than $200 once a week or so without hassles.
But on the other hand, the clear plastic bags that coins are sorted into from their counter are available, at least according to the manager. Those bags look tempting!!!!!
The coin counter will not handle halves at all.
But, then again, if I could get another bank to order halves for me, I think I could slip up to 10 rolls each week as a deposit. I honestly believe they would think it was fun to have them on hand.
My questions:
1. Are the clear bags from the counters a good source for silver? Are the quarters worth doing? (Yes, I read the newbie page.) I think they are getting lots of old change coming in. They are the oldest bank in town with an older, solid customer base.
2. Advice on how to play this buying and dumping deal?
3. Part of my problem is also figuring out the logistics of doing this. Money isn't growing on trees here, but I could use cash from savings, but getting that money back in the bank is imperative. Anyone else ever try to buy a box of halves at a time, but dump small, all while keeping track and recycling the cash from savings...I'm probably making this mole hill into a mountain, but would love to hear your input if you have it.
4. Any other places that I can dump halves, other than a bank?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP!!!!!
Our main bank is super friendly. They are the only bank in town that has a coin counter that I know of, and you must have an account there for them to use it. It is behind the counter. They don't seem too annoyed by smaller amounts of clean change, but leave some pocket lint or a book of matches in it, they get upset. I've also seen them get upset with one-hit walk-ins wanting $1,000 worth of change counted on demand, always during rush hour before a holiday weekend.
I think they would let me dump small quantities of less than $200 once a week or so without hassles.
But on the other hand, the clear plastic bags that coins are sorted into from their counter are available, at least according to the manager. Those bags look tempting!!!!!
The coin counter will not handle halves at all.
But, then again, if I could get another bank to order halves for me, I think I could slip up to 10 rolls each week as a deposit. I honestly believe they would think it was fun to have them on hand.
My questions:
1. Are the clear bags from the counters a good source for silver? Are the quarters worth doing? (Yes, I read the newbie page.) I think they are getting lots of old change coming in. They are the oldest bank in town with an older, solid customer base.
2. Advice on how to play this buying and dumping deal?
3. Part of my problem is also figuring out the logistics of doing this. Money isn't growing on trees here, but I could use cash from savings, but getting that money back in the bank is imperative. Anyone else ever try to buy a box of halves at a time, but dump small, all while keeping track and recycling the cash from savings...I'm probably making this mole hill into a mountain, but would love to hear your input if you have it.
4. Any other places that I can dump halves, other than a bank?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP!!!!!
Upvote
0
and start looking coin






