What's new

A nice surprise... Im on the board 14K GOLD

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

I got out on Friday with Lookindown and we both picked up silver rings. I think he said his weighed 4.4 grams and so did mine. I tumbled it for about 5 hours. Kind of a weird design on mine.​

result 36.webp

result 35.webp

043.webp

I also got a silver ear ring (or so I thought). The ring was crusted over but the ear ring was just a dark color with no crust. I didn't think much of it and tossed it into the pouch with everything else and didn't think about it again until this afternoon. I was cleaning out my pouch and showed it to my wife and she said she thought she could see a mark and thought there was a K. :o I got out the loupe and sure enough it was marked 14K. I thought no way and got out the acid. After testing it I'm happy to report I have my first gold of 2012. :hello2: It weighs 5.5 grams.

045.webp

042.webp

I didn't think gold would tarnish but this looks to dark to me. I know you can't see it but I tried to put the loupe at the end of the camera to show the mark and here is the best I could do

023.webp

I also managed to locate a ring for a girl that lost it only a few feet from where I was hunting. She was happy and now so am I. :icon_pirat:​
 
Upvote 0
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

quality haul Mike :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Nice finds! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Congrats! :icon_thumright: gold, silver, and a return. Now that is a quality day! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Gold and silver make a great day. the sterling ring looks old.
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Nice haul but I hate to burst your bubble but I think just the post is gold ??

Jonnie
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

baywalker said:
Nice haul but I hate to burst your bubble but I think just the post is gold ??

Jonnie

I acid tested the ear ring itself and it tested good for 14K
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

biggmike said:
baywalker said:
Nice haul but I hate to burst your bubble but I think just the post is gold ??

Jonnie

I acid tested the ear ring itself and it tested good for 14K

BM,
Congrads on hitting the board!! The last gold ring I found had some black tarnish on it, thought it might be plated! It was clearly marked 14k and I Acid tested it for 14K!! Tarnish came off 2 mins in electrolysis bath, mostly do this to the silver works great!

SnT
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

WTG! :thumbsup:
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Kind of a weird design on mine.

SW native american design = kokopelli. he's a hump backed flute player fertility, etc god. It's sideways, center design of ring. Cool save, probably worth more than melt.
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Fine scoopin! :headbang:
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

baywalker said:
Nice haul but I hate to burst your bubble but I think just the post is gold ??

Jonnie
My bad good haul

Jonnie
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Fertility ring huh? Nice find but keep that thing away from me! At my age I ain't makin' any babies! :o
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Nice finds, iwish you luck. hamid :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: A nice surprise... I'm on the board 14K GOLD

Black gold...."Whatchu talking about Willis?"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom