What's new

A pog? gimme a break

markmopar

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
967
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up two boxes today. Got one 40% from each and a pog!
A pog!
How does their machine let a bit of plastic take the place of a heavy coin?
 
Upvote 0
AHAAHHA

Now THAT is a new one.

A pog in a bag would be much more believable, but a box... wow.

I suppose anything is possible, as I have gotten a dime in a roll, and also a few rolls that were TWO coins short.

Was it a cardboard, plastic, or metal pog? and how is its size compared to that of a half... thickness... circumference...

I am quite interested in how it ended up in the box. =)

Did it take the place of a half... so you got shorted 50 cents? Or was it in addition to the roll?

~Dave
 
Maybe the brink's guys were using pog flippers on the half dollars on lunch break
 
LOL now thats funny!!! ;D
 
BBcardsRI said:
Was it a cardboard, plastic, or metal pog? and how is its size compared to that of a half... thickness... circumference...

I am quite interested in how it ended up in the box. =)

Did it take the place of a half... so you got shorted 50 cents? Or was it in addition to the roll?

~Dave

It was plastic, the same size around, a little thinner. Gold on one side, black on the other and said 'Pokemon' on it. Took the place in the roll of a half.
 
Bummer. I don't mind getting cool odd stuff but a pog just doesn't cut it.
 
markmopar said:
I picked up two boxes today. Got one 40% from each and a pog!
A pog! How does their machine let a bit of plastic take the place of a heavy coin?
Never heard of a plastic POG.

I am in the printing business and I can remember back in the 90's I started getting calls from printers in Hawaii (I am in SoCA) asking if I had any of the thick cardboard for POGs. They had used up all the board in Hawaii and needed some bad. I had to ask what was a POG?

It all started in HI, it meant Pineapple Orange Guava They were the lids for the juice bottles.

Within weeks we were making POGS. Had no idea what we were doing but people were buying. Made and sold millions. (POGs not $$$) Every order I would grab handfuls, wonder what happened to them, no ebay back then. ???

Thanks for reading my useless trivia. :wink:
 
Plastic and metal pogs refers to the "slammers" used to smash the pile of pogs.

Only the cheap kids used to use the plastic ones since metal always worked better. =)

~Dave
 
Thank god I missed that whole pog thing!!! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom