A Prospectors Journal - Personal Thoughts Encouraged

Got out to the American River today; Middle Fork. Got to cross the river a few times to prospect a little more than normal. Took the wife, she read her book, I worked until I burned Be well
win! Well done.

Not much ...

image.jpg

Gold is gold man! A lot of it is fantastic, a little bit is still gold!

in my mid numbers count id like to get to a point where I can clear 3 grams a day
I completely agree. Most trips I make, I tend to only bring home what I paid in gas

I completely agree. Most trips I make, I tend to only bring home what I paid in gas
Two ways around that...find more gold per trip or make shorter trips (hit a gold bearing creek closer to home)...I'm lucky enough to have the latter as an option :) hope you do too!

Two ways around that...find more gold per trip or make shorter trips (hit a gold bearing creek closer to home)...I'm lucky enough to have the latter as an option :) hope you do too!

I would have to look.. But hopefully both are viable options.

I would have to look.. But hopefully both are viable options.
yes, go look...some call that "prospecting" ;-)...test all the little creeks you can get into closer to home, you might be surprised as I was...in a good way I mean!

Last edited:
Guess im lucky I can walk out my back door. And find gold. But if i need to buy gas. I would have to take out a loan. A few specks just won"t do it.

..well..
Have been skunked three weeks running now..i decided to make a trip up to placerville to meet with some great guys and see what im doing wrong here..
Hopefully this upcoming week, I will have something to show..

--i am also moving this week...busy busy

In Georgia ita quite different we don't spend as much on gas, the most ive ever driven to get to the gold is maybe an hour($10 in gas for our car)
so we can actually make a little money, I hope to get to a point where gold prospecting is an effective part-time job for me

In Georgia ita quite different we don't spend as much on gas, the most ive ever driven to get to the gold is maybe an hour($10 in gas for our car) so we can actually make a little money, I hope to get to a point where gold prospecting is an effective part-time job for me

I hope you are prosperous in your venture. :)

Hey, send a PM to Jeff of Pa if you want your thread moved to the new journal thread!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back