John-Edmonton
Silver Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I love treasure hunting of all types, but my favorite is coin hunting. I also get a lot of other peoples favorites, such as rings and silver coins, searching for common coins. My final tally isn't finished yet, but so far the trip to the bank made me smile.
I spent most of yesterday rolling coins. My penny count from this past year was 104 rolls x 50 cents = (5,200 pennies) $52.00. Of course, that + my nickels went towards my annual gold coin. The price of gold has shot up so much that these pennies just won't buy a gold coin any more.
I spent most of yesterday rolling coins. My penny count from this past year was 104 rolls x 50 cents = (5,200 pennies) $52.00. Of course, that + my nickels went towards my annual gold coin. The price of gold has shot up so much that these pennies just won't buy a gold coin any more.
Some day I need to start rolling the coins in my buckets. I have no idea how much is in them as I just dump the pouch into it each year. Rings go into butter tubs and the same with silver though silver is getting harder to find.






