A Question Of Liability

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Little Shoes – And Liability?

I was in the park metal detecting yesterday, on my knees digging a small hole when suddenly two little shoes appeared just above the hole I was digging. He was about 8 or nine, arms crossed over his chest and his face full of silent curiosity, big eyes peering at me through his thick set of glasses.

So I got up and let him put on the headphones until we located a target for him to dig, a few minutes later he was holding a dime as he ran off excitedly to show mom the new-found treasure he was holding high in the air.
Now my question is this. Can I be held liable for what's about to happen to his parents front lawn?......:laughing7:

Upvote 10
I doubt it. Kids (and dogs, for that matter) don't need much of a reason or encouragement to dig holes. It's what they do for the shear joy of it.

It's the guy who steps in one of those holes and breaks a leg that you need to worry about! 🤣

Kids & Dogs... always on the wrong side of a door.

Possibly yes, if you have 'contributed to the delinquency of a minor' if he skips school to MD --now that you have taught him how to MD>
Don in SoCal.
Judge, "But did you plant that dime?"
Me, "Yep."
Judge, "Well, that establishes intent. So, guilty!" :laughing7:

Judge, "But did you plant that dime?"
Me, "Yep."
Judge, "Well, that establishes intent. So, guilty!" :laughing7:
Now you'll probably be sentenced to mentor the kid as punishment. 😬

I was in the park metal detecting yesterday, on my knees digging a small hole when suddenly two little shoes appeared just above the hole I was digging. He was about 8 or nine, arms crossed over his chest and his face full of silent curiosity, big eyes peering at me through his thick set of glasses.

So I got up and let him put on the headphones until we located a target for him to dig, a few minutes later he was holding a dime as he ran off excitedly to show mom the new-found treasure he was holding high in the air.
Now my question is this. Can I be held liable for what's about to happen to his parents front lawn?......:laughing7:

I didn’t expect that 😮🤣🤣🤣🤣🫣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back