SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Yep, shop around. I've found that some dealers aren't even interested in buying 40% clad silver.

SnakemanBill said:
Hello,

I'm a newbie to CRHing and I have a question on return for the coins. Lets say I have 2 rolls of the 40% halves. Looking today I see the value of the silver they contain is $102.80. How much can I expect to get if I take them in for exchange? Should I shop them around to different dealers? Thanks for the help!

If I were going to sell, I would first check out the below site to see what they are paying. I think their prices are pretty much the best you will get from a dealer. I have never bought or sold from them though, in that I prefer to deal with local retailers.

http://www.apmex.com/Product/6917/100_Face_Value_40_Silver_Coins.aspx

Jim

Yes, definitely shop around. A while back I had one shop offer me $1.25 each for the 40%ers and, the same day, another shop offered $2.25. Go figure. Silver is at $17.41 as I type this. That means there is $2.57 worth of silver in each 40%er. I'd say you should get $2 to $2.25 each, certainly no less than $2.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll keep em a while longer and keep an eye on the price of silver. Nice Halibut pic there PackerBacker Caught a bunch of them in Homer AK a few years back. Boy are they tasty!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back