austin_hunter
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2011
- Messages
- 30
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Austin, Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher 1266-X, Bounty Hunter 101
- #1
Thread Owner
I was just wondering - now I am woefully behind on the current technology in metal detectors, but I wanted to ask y'alls opinion... Is there really any machine out there that does better than any other when it comes to identifying gold?
Since I'm primarily a coin hunter, though, I tend to disc out some aluminum, so I'm also not the best at determining myself what's good or not, but... and this leads me to my point (which it is just my somewhat uneducated guess), that no matter what machine you have or how much you paid for it - a pulltab and a ring are gonna look a helluva lot alike...
The way I look at it, the best discriminator you have is between your ears... it all comes down to 2 things:...... drumroll......
Dig it, or not.
Some days, I feel like diggin every signal; most days (especially now here in Texas), I don't, but I have recently been purposefully looking for gold here lately, and I'm learning a lot.
Since I'm primarily a coin hunter, though, I tend to disc out some aluminum, so I'm also not the best at determining myself what's good or not, but... and this leads me to my point (which it is just my somewhat uneducated guess), that no matter what machine you have or how much you paid for it - a pulltab and a ring are gonna look a helluva lot alike...
The way I look at it, the best discriminator you have is between your ears... it all comes down to 2 things:...... drumroll......
Dig it, or not.
Some days, I feel like diggin every signal; most days (especially now here in Texas), I don't, but I have recently been purposefully looking for gold here lately, and I'm learning a lot.



"Discrimination is for the ederly and handicapped, not for the treasure hunter." so says the White Plains Wimp! 







