What's new

A really old guy dropped off some halves yesterday and we saved them for you...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A really old guy dropped off some halves yesterday and we saved them for you..." - that was what one of my favorite tellers told me when I walked into the branch this afternoon to pick up my weekly box order. My heart fluttered a bit when she re-emphasized that he was really, really old. She had $50 worth and said I hope you find some good ones! Needless to say, I tore through those rolls faster than a fat kid goes through a box of little debbies!!! :laughing7:

Roll #1: [7] 40%ers all sandwiched together in the middle of the roll
Roll #2: [2] 40%ers
Roll #3: [2] 40%ers
Roll #4: [4] 40%ers and [8] (yes, [8]) Franklins!!! ('51, '52D, '57D, '59, '62, 2x '62D, '63D)
Roll #5: ??? el skunko

I nearly fell over when I found the 8 Big Bens in the fourth roll because I have only found 9 of them in 100+ boxes of halves searched. Interestingly, I have found 7 Walking Liberty in the wild but never a Ben, that is until today! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Attachments

  • mms_picture(14).webp
    mms_picture(14).webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0
You had a way better day than me and I drove like, 80 miles, haha.

Nice score.
 
Fantastic! Nice banker too!
 
I hope grandma doesn't cash in our little family stash. It is just crazy what people are oblivious to. Great score for you though!
 
WTG!!!!! :icon_thumleft:
HH
enamel7
 
Awesome!!!!..I know that was a good feeling :thumbsup:
 
Nice score love finding the old halfs keep up the hunt .Ron
 
Great score $ilver$urfer, it smells like you better be getting some candy :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 
EastKyMiner said:
Great score $ilver$urfer, it smells like you better be getting some candy :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

LOL - you're right, but these tellers prefer cookies!!! ;D

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Sweet score!!! WTG!!!!
 
Way to go $$ !!! Those Bens look great. Always exciting to see the Liberty Bell. HH

FL Junkman
 
$ilver$urfer...great score on those Ben's. You seem to be on a roll lately; keep it up!
 
AWESOME SCORE! I am hoping the phone call yesterday that I received yesterday from a teller stating "I have about $100 in recent deposits saved for you" turns some silver, as my box yesterday turned out to be a bicentenial dump (about 80% of the rolls were filled with bicentenials). Gonna bring the teller an X-mas treat as a thank you for giving me regular calls, which have yielded some nice recent finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom