deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We made a return trip back to our new permission Sunday where we both cleaned up on the silvers and the 18k gold pendant.
Another great day for both of us. I started the day off finding my first ever silver religious pendant. I've found plenty of aluminum and brass but, never a silver one. I actually found a Hong Kong aluminum pendant minutes before finding the silver one.
My next find was a 34-D merc followed by what we think is a King George I. The large cent was in the hole with a old pocket knife? Found a couple wheats and an Indian then found my second silver religious pendant of the day.
Things were slow for me for a little bit finding some lead and a small flat button. Getting ready to head out for the day I get a 83-89 hit, 1911 barber quarter.
The kid was busy himself digging his own silvers. He started the day off finding a 1898 barber dime.
His next finds were a little silver spill with a 1914 barber quarter and a 1916 barber dime.
He found a couple wheats, a couple v-nickels, buffalo and the find of the day, Spanish silver, 1781.
We made another trip again then Monday, I'll post Monday's hunt later.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    677.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 20
Results like that speak for themselves: you know what you're doing!

Fantastic results! Can't beat a hunt with Spanish silver! Congrats!

Man look at all that silver. You guys have got to be happy. Not one but two silver religious pendants the week of Good Friday :icon_thumright:.

deershed,

Quite the haul....wtg.

Funny coincidence that religious medallion with the aqua enamel on it is the exact same version I found many years ago....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

You two had a killer day! lots of silver and some colonial too. Your copper is a KG III.

You two had a killer day! lots of silver and some colonial too. Your copper is a KG III.

Thanks for the proper ID on the copper. I'm half blind and let the kid do all the IDing. Lol
This new site has been very nice to us. First time in years I can't keep up posting finds before we find more.
I made a solo trip yesterday for a couple hours and pulled a 1877-S seated quarter.

Thanks for the proper ID on the copper. I'm half blind and let the kid do all the IDing. Lol
This new site has been very nice to us. First time in years I can't keep up posting finds before we find more.
I made a solo trip yesterday for a couple hours and pulled a 1877-S seated quarter.
Yes the bust faces right on both the KG I and the KG III, but the KG I has a distinctive wide rim and a smaller head. I can't seem to find seated silver to save my soul. Since buying my first metal detector in 1985, I have only found one seated dime. But I have found 65 Spanish silvers, two Draped Bust dimes, two Capped Bust silvers, and countless Barbers including 3 barber halves. The seated silver just eludes me!

That Barber quarter is just astounding! The cross looks really beautiful too and much older than the ones I've found. Congratulations on an excellent hunt!

Cool find from states das coin is very old from there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back