What's new

a short Friday bank hop 09-14-2007

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at three banks today.

The first stop was to cash in reject nickels, dimes, and quarters from Tuesday.

As I was there I picked up, $14.50 in loose halves, 3 rolls of nickels, and 1 roll of quarters (saw the stripe and although I was 99% pretty sure it was Canadian took a shot anyway). Also brought home about $150 in $1 bills to look for star notes or older bills

Nothing from the halves.
The quarter was a Canadian (2004-P)
The nickels only had 2 pre-1960 Jefferson (1940, 1957-D) and 1 Canadian (1984)
No star notes, but I did find a 1977 $1 bill and my first 2006 $1 bill.

At the second bank I picked up $34.50 in loose halves through the drive thru.
1 - 40% Kennedy (1968-D)


And at the last bank, picked up $2.50 in loose halves from the coin machine and 1 box of nickels. I tried to get a bag, but they roll their own, so they wouldn't sell the bags. Oh and also got a 1977 Mexican One Peso coin and a $1 car wash token for free from the half dollar bag as well.

the halves were a skunk.
The box of nickels, about average
1 - 1945-D War nickel
27 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940, 1941, 1941-D, 1946(2), 1948, 1948-S, 1953-D, 1954-D(3), 1957(2), 1957-D(2), 1958-D(4), 1959, 1959-D(6))

10 Canadian (1968, 1974, 1978, 1979, 1980(2), 1986, 1999, 2001-P, 2006-P)


Oh and apparently at the last stop they have another searcher who always buys all their penny boxes, but per the teller commonly returns the rejects back to them. But since they roll their own, he apparently gets a his own rejects from time to time. I thought that was interesting. Wonder if its the same person who complains about me buying all the penny bags from a neighboring bank...lol :D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom