What's new

A show for OHIO !!

Bent-Twig

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
369
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Ohio
Not trying to disrespect any of the other states, but if you have Ohio stuff , show it off here!! Ohio(chuck), requested to see some of my better finds and I know most of you have seen them. We seem to have a pretty nice following here of Ohio hunters, so lets get a thread going here of our nice Ohio finds. I will get it started off with some of my better finds in the 13 years of artifact hunting that I've been doing.

Here's our chance to REPRESENT for our state , Ohio!!!!!!!

Twig.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 306.webp
    Picture 306.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,311
  • Picture 1303.webp
    Picture 1303.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,125
  • Picture 1463.webp
    Picture 1463.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,153
  • Picture 1347.webp
    Picture 1347.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,206
  • Picture 1460.webp
    Picture 1460.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,225
  • Picture 1464.webp
    Picture 1464.webp
    18 KB · Views: 2,254
  • Picture 1465.webp
    Picture 1465.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,273
  • Picture 1459.webp
    Picture 1459.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,283
  • Picture 1461.webp
    Picture 1461.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,229
  • Picture 1347.webp
    Picture 1347.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Picture 302.webp
    Picture 302.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,294
  • Picture 1839.webp
    Picture 1839.webp
    24 KB · Views: 2,298
  • Picture 306.webp
    Picture 306.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,293
  • Picture 1459.webp
    Picture 1459.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,266
  • Picture 1465.webp
    Picture 1465.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,262
  • Picture 1464.webp
    Picture 1464.webp
    18 KB · Views: 2,238
  • Picture 1303.webp
    Picture 1303.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,123
  • Picture 1305.webp
    Picture 1305.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,139
  • Picture 1463.webp
    Picture 1463.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,160
  • Picture 1460.webp
    Picture 1460.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,217
Upvote 0
I guess I dont have much to contribute since I'm a few states west of you all but I do have one piece. This dove was consigned to me yesterday from a buddy of mine. It measures 4 13/16" long. I love this piece because it shows a tremendous amount of patination. This is exactly how flintridge should look after its been in the ground for 8000 or so years. I'm not sure why the reworking on the sides but it is just as patinated as the rest of the point so it was definately ancient. From Licking County.

Hippy

IMG_1754.jpg


IMG_1755.jpg
 
Great Pictures guys. After seeing all that,I can't believe that there was anything left for me to find! Here is a few.
 

Attachments

  • A.C.03.webp
    A.C.03.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • in hand.webp
    in hand.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,245
  • MVC-024S.webp
    MVC-024S.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • MVC-039S.webp
    MVC-039S.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,204
  • MVC-045S.webp
    MVC-045S.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,191
  • MVC-027S.webp
    MVC-027S.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,204
  • MVC-044S.webp
    MVC-044S.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,194
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,219
  • Scioto Co.FF07.webp
    Scioto Co.FF07.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,203
  • MVC-044S.webp
    MVC-044S.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,186
  • MVC-027S.webp
    MVC-027S.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • MVC-045S.webp
    MVC-045S.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,214
  • MVC-039S.webp
    MVC-039S.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,219
  • MVC-024S.webp
    MVC-024S.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,233
  • P1010041.webp
    P1010041.webp
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,242
  • in hand.webp
    in hand.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,237
  • A.C.03.webp
    A.C.03.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,263
awesome!, what a show, it's tough to beat Ohio in types of artifacts and materials. I even find Ohio lithics down here and frequently in Wv.
Here's a few of my frames, first two are paleo, and the rest are a mix of archaic, woodland, miss..The last pic is probably 90% Ohio, mostly flintridge.
 

Attachments

  • phpMvZJDDPM.webp
    phpMvZJDDPM.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,234
  • phpMAMyZRPM.webp
    phpMAMyZRPM.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,205
  • phpSIwwLEPM.webp
    phpSIwwLEPM.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • phpWZHt3DPM.webp
    phpWZHt3DPM.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,206
  • phpTp4SooPM.webp
    phpTp4SooPM.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,193
  • php0MxY9xPM.webp
    php0MxY9xPM.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,173
Personally I am beginning to think that ancient man in Ohio was on steroids !!!! :icon_jokercolor: That stuff is big and its beautiful. You guys have it all. What a show.
Thank you.
 
Killer show guys! Heres a 3 15/16" Fish Spear type drill my dad found in 1998 in Wayne co Ohio.

Keith

drill1a.jpg
 
Heres some of my personal finds that arent mixed into other frames. These are all from Wayne and Holmes counties.

Keith
IMG_4464.jpg
 
WOW!!!!!!!

Man, I knew Ohio was represented well on this forum! Great show guys. Lets keep'em commin' !! Keith I knew a all Ohio thread would bring you out of the woodwork. Glad to see you join the forum. There are a lot of great people on this forum , I think you will enjoy. This thread is already taking forever to download, but lets keep the pictures commin'!!

Jeff A,

Dude!! You have some killer slate. The two Pentagonals are sweet too.


thirty7,

That white paleo is a dandy. The flint ridge frame is super sweet.

Great Show!!!!!



Twig.
 
Hey Twig, The Doves are around 4 inches, just look bigger in the pics. I need to update my pics!
SANY0236.jpg

SANY0224.jpg

SANY0248.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom