What's new

A show for OHIO !!

Bent-Twig

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
369
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Ohio
Not trying to disrespect any of the other states, but if you have Ohio stuff , show it off here!! Ohio(chuck), requested to see some of my better finds and I know most of you have seen them. We seem to have a pretty nice following here of Ohio hunters, so lets get a thread going here of our nice Ohio finds. I will get it started off with some of my better finds in the 13 years of artifact hunting that I've been doing.

Here's our chance to REPRESENT for our state , Ohio!!!!!!!

Twig.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 306.webp
    Picture 306.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,311
  • Picture 1303.webp
    Picture 1303.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,125
  • Picture 1463.webp
    Picture 1463.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,153
  • Picture 1347.webp
    Picture 1347.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,206
  • Picture 1460.webp
    Picture 1460.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,225
  • Picture 1464.webp
    Picture 1464.webp
    18 KB · Views: 2,254
  • Picture 1465.webp
    Picture 1465.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,273
  • Picture 1459.webp
    Picture 1459.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,283
  • Picture 1303.webp
    Picture 1303.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,123
  • Picture 1305.webp
    Picture 1305.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,139
  • Picture 1463.webp
    Picture 1463.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,160
  • Picture 1347.webp
    Picture 1347.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Picture 1461.webp
    Picture 1461.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,229
  • Picture 1460.webp
    Picture 1460.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,217
  • Picture 1464.webp
    Picture 1464.webp
    18 KB · Views: 2,238
  • Picture 1465.webp
    Picture 1465.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,262
  • Picture 1459.webp
    Picture 1459.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,266
  • Picture 306.webp
    Picture 306.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,293
  • Picture 1839.webp
    Picture 1839.webp
    24 KB · Views: 2,298
  • Picture 302.webp
    Picture 302.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,294
Upvote 0
WOW What a SHOW....... Killer collections. Thanks Guys..... John
 
Great idea for a Thread.
Excellent show.
Thanks.

Molly.
 
Well, as I have already realized, I concede. Your collections are overwhelming! I have only just started last year, but for these kinds of finds, it looks like east of the Mississippi is where its at. I'm bummed, but we'll keep looking. I also know that I do not dig--I only surface search, and that is a long-shot. Much different terrain out here. Sincerely, KW
 
here are the few pieces that I have found that are not entirely broken. Most of them are from my family farm in south west Ohio which has been under cultivation by my family for almost 200 years. When my grandfather bought the farm in 1945 from his uncle, he told me that they (my grandfathers uncle) had a huge collection which they sold off (I'm Pissed). Scott - www.miamivalleyartifacts.com

Gar scale bead
DSC01354.webp

pottery duck head from an effigy pot
DSC01332.webp

half of an unfinished bannerstone - unbelievable blue and black hardstone material
DSC01354.webp

Big preform of hornstone
DSC01363.webp

Frame of personal finds from SW Ohio area and our farm
DSC01501.webp

Pecking stone which is worked to death and made of some really hard dense material
DSC01334.webp
 

Attachments

  • DSC01365.webp
    DSC01365.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 604
Greg,Twig,Pick, that's it...I'm gonna stop off and pickup Mamabear and then we are coming to Ohio and hold you gentlemen hostage until you tell us your hunting spots...lol.
Seriously, great fricking show, beautiful flint and bone tools, love that Ohio stuff.
 
ITS AMAZING THAT HOW MANY ARTIFACTS ARE STILL OUT THERE... NICE SHOW!
 
Some more recent Ohio pieces. Great thread btw, one of my favorites on TN, keep coming back for more. Nice frames Pick and eveyone else that has posted the goods.
 

Attachments

  • php4ySiVjPM.webp
    php4ySiVjPM.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 500
  • phpjdPjW8PM.webp
    phpjdPjW8PM.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 487
  • phpmPAPPGPM.webp
    phpmPAPPGPM.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 487
  • phpRIsUJkPM.webp
    phpRIsUJkPM.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 497
  • php9j3VARPM.webp
    php9j3VARPM.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 480
Most of these are from Ohio, but some are from N.C..
 

Attachments

  • ricks phone 111.webp
    ricks phone 111.webp
    214.6 KB · Views: 449
  • britts cam 073.webp
    britts cam 073.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 448

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom