What's new

A show for OHIO !!

Bent-Twig

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
369
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Ohio
Not trying to disrespect any of the other states, but if you have Ohio stuff , show it off here!! Ohio(chuck), requested to see some of my better finds and I know most of you have seen them. We seem to have a pretty nice following here of Ohio hunters, so lets get a thread going here of our nice Ohio finds. I will get it started off with some of my better finds in the 13 years of artifact hunting that I've been doing.

Here's our chance to REPRESENT for our state , Ohio!!!!!!!

Twig.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 306.webp
    Picture 306.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,311
  • Picture 1303.webp
    Picture 1303.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,125
  • Picture 1463.webp
    Picture 1463.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,153
  • Picture 1347.webp
    Picture 1347.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,206
  • Picture 1460.webp
    Picture 1460.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,225
  • Picture 1464.webp
    Picture 1464.webp
    18 KB · Views: 2,254
  • Picture 1465.webp
    Picture 1465.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,273
  • Picture 1459.webp
    Picture 1459.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,283
  • Picture 1303.webp
    Picture 1303.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,123
  • Picture 1305.webp
    Picture 1305.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,139
  • Picture 1463.webp
    Picture 1463.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,160
  • Picture 1347.webp
    Picture 1347.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,195
  • Picture 302.webp
    Picture 302.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,294
  • Picture 1839.webp
    Picture 1839.webp
    24 KB · Views: 2,298
  • Picture 306.webp
    Picture 306.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,293
  • Picture 1459.webp
    Picture 1459.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,266
  • Picture 1465.webp
    Picture 1465.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,262
  • Picture 1464.webp
    Picture 1464.webp
    18 KB · Views: 2,238
  • Picture 1460.webp
    Picture 1460.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,217
  • Picture 1461.webp
    Picture 1461.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,229
Upvote 0
Is the fluted point in the case with repair work to the bottom left of the banner stone, very thin?
 
Great thread. I love the point types we find in the great state of Ohio.

Jeff, are all of those Gorgets and Pendants personal finds? If so, you are one very lucky man and live in a great area for slate artifacts.

Thanks for sharing the pictures guys.
 
S-Lee,

The clovis does'nt seem to be too thin. About average I would say. The repair on it is the very bottom of the base, maybe aquarter of an inch. I repaired it as a clovis because of the flutes , but it is possible that it was not a clovis. I am pretty sure it is a clovis though. I guess if you count that one ,I have found two clovis and one base to a clovis that is huge.


Newnan Man,


Man, that hardstone pendant is top notch for sure!! The Muskigom Hopewell is no slouch either!! It seems that that one is from the Ridge? Sure is pretty.


Twig.
 
steve i wish i found them all, but most were found by my grandfather in portage county oh,ive found a few that i dont have pics of ,i found a real nice pendant a few years ago that won best slate at the aso show,alot of slate in my area ,i have one site that i have picked up more than a dozen broken wing banners and lunate banner sections on,we find alot of slate celts locally also,one of the wing banners was in one of last years aso mags,someday i will get a new camera and post some pics,[ someone broke into my house and stole some electronics ,but they didnt touch any relics or guns,,i guess they werent too smart]
 
i found this birdstone march, 2009. erie county ohio
 

Attachments

  • my birdstone found march, 2009.webp
    my birdstone found march, 2009.webp
    23 KB · Views: 1,078
Very nice Mickey. I remember seeing that at the ASO show. A killer piece for sure.
 
Ok I know have Ohio on Google Earth :hello: am zooming in,still nothing.
What some great artifacts and I am sure you have created a refrence guide with the many point I.D s from this post. Thanks for sharing.
TnMtns
 
Breath taking----what a 'show and tell' yall will have for generations to come.....
 
Pick,

Bout time you got on here and posted up some of your stuff!! Just kidding, I knew you would.
I might as well put a few more on and keep this thread going.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 094.webp
    Picture 094.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 921
  • Picture 098.webp
    Picture 098.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 904
  • Picture 235.webp
    Picture 235.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 877
  • Picture 179.webp
    Picture 179.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 883
  • Picture 122.webp
    Picture 122.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 874
  • Picture 238.webp
    Picture 238.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 874
  • Picture 098.webp
    Picture 098.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 897
  • Picture 094.webp
    Picture 094.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 922
  • Picture 109.webp
    Picture 109.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 877
  • Picture 101.webp
    Picture 101.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 891
  • Picture 005.webp
    Picture 005.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 901
  • Picture 082.webp
    Picture 082.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 873
  • Picture 026.webp
    Picture 026.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 893
  • Picture 025.webp
    Picture 025.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 893
  • Picture 122.webp
    Picture 122.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 865
  • Picture 179.webp
    Picture 179.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 873
  • Picture 235.webp
    Picture 235.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 875
  • Picture 238.webp
    Picture 238.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 876
pickaway said:
Wow Greg killer artifacts & pics... :headbang:
thx pick,i hate to say this but i have quite a few frames that are boxed up and just waiting for the artifact room.i just started taking pics of stuff last year and havent taken pics of anything thats stored.i know i need to get off my a s s and get that stuff out,but id rather be huntn than sitting at home taking pics.we on for sunday????
 
Bent Twig,

All this stuff is great, you Buckeye's have a lot of outstanding material. I was particularly pleased to see your knapped buffalo. That is way cool. Imagine the Indian father sitting there for a night or two chipping away at the fire, maybe swatting a few mosquitos and making this piece for a new son, or whoever. Would, that these could tell us their history.

BW
 
Awesome thread! My father grew up in Summit County, Ohio and had cookie tins full of arrow and axeheads he picked up on his uncle's farm. Now where did those go... ??? I'll have to ask him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom