What's new

A "something"

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,031
Reaction score
9,228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...is this a "something" or a "broken something"....?.... I just can't decide. If it is the base of a "something" then it was mighty thick for its size (over 1/4 inch) . By the way, I WANT it to be a spoke shave or something similar.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03274.webp
    DSC03274.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC03275.webp
    DSC03275.webp
    13 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03276.webp
    DSC03276.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03278.webp
    DSC03278.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03279.webp
    DSC03279.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
I'm thinking a hafted scraper that needed no work done to one side of its hafting area. My thought. Lets see what others see!!
 
is this item hard & heavy or light for its size? if found along the beach, it could be a chunk of amber (top center photo appears slightly translucent) most amber is found overseas, but you never know...
thanx for the clarification, unclemac - I stand corrected George K
 
Last edited:
it is a piece of brown jasper, very common lithic for the area.
 
Nice find.. and nice material. It looks like a nice thumb scraper with a graver spur
 
Gator is on a roll today. I was thinking the same. It has a spur on it.
 
Here is a couple.

ForumRunner_20130313_230054.webp
 
ok unc....i will agree on the spokeshave
 
Spoke shave/ common end or thumb scraper (that hasn't been resharpened) combo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom